The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Undergraduate Applicants for 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by euphrosynay
that's okay! i do want to study postgrad (i'd probably do a master's and then make sure i have a job before doing a phd) but other than that i don't exactly know what i want to do; it may seem strange but i'm interested in cyber security and there are places that will accept or are looking for people with classics degrees :smile: if i can't do that, i may do a separate law qualification or train in a rare language for interpretation/analysis

Oooouu that sounds interesting, yes about half of my friends doing arts subjects just say they may end up doing the GDL thank u for answering my question!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by nathan_nacu
Oooouu that sounds interesting, yes about half of my friends doing arts subjects just say they may end up doing the GDL thank u for answering my question!

haha yeah it's only if i have to but a year for the gdl isn't too bad if i get to do 3 years of classics :tongue: no problem!!
Reply 82
If I got a 5 in maths do I stand a chance if I apply for pharmacy?
Original post by punksofsuburbia
I haven't gotten an acknowledgment email yet, did any of you get yours?

Applied October 3rd (law) and got the E-Mail the very next day. But depending on when you applied, might take some time since the Oxbridge Deadline was just last week.
Original post by TheKT
If I got a 5 in maths do I stand a chance if I apply for pharmacy?

i mean if you were able to get a 5 at gcse and get at least a B in maths a-level then that'd be very impressive indeed, so i'd say yes
Reply 85
I’m not doing maths unfortunately at a level
Original post by TheKT
I’m not doing maths unfortunately at a level

nothing to worry about, i shouldn't have assumed :redface: what are you studying?
Reply 87
Original post by euphrosynay
nothing to worry about, i shouldn't have assumed :redface: what are you studying?

Biology, chemistry and psychology, I know a lot of unis dont consider your application if you don’t meet the gcse grades but I was wondering about kcl 🤔
Reply 88
Is anyone applying fro Canada Highschool??
Original post by Anonymous
Well, I'm going to assume that you're trolling now

it's my safety choice
Original post by TheKT
Biology, chemistry and psychology, I know a lot of unis dont consider your application if you don’t meet the gcse grades but I was wondering about kcl 🤔

i looked on the website again and unfortunately, the requirement for maths is a grade 6; i don't know if kcl would write off your application from the start especially if you have the a-level requirements, but i would say to contact the admissions office.
Original post by MechDoge
it's my safety choice

Applying for a degree program which has nothing to do with your personal statement is, quite frankly, the opposite of a safety choice.
Hi, Kings was a last minute decision but I do think I can do it
I’m applying for Law LLB
I’m currently studying a CTEC in Applied Science and A Level Sociology with predictions D*DA*
My GCSE’s are ABBBBBB
Other choices are Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield

Not sure if I’ll go even if i get an offer but just want to see if I can get in

Hey, I'm applying for law too! have you done your LNAT yet?
When will decisions probably start coming out? For the past two years, they've always started rolling out around this time....Submit reply
Original post by i&lt
Hey, I'm applying for law too! have you done your LNAT yet?

No I’m doing mine some time in November 😂 i still need more time to prepare
I am applying for neuroscience at KCLI study biology, chemistry and physicsPredicted grades AABAnd an A* in my EPQMy application got sent off on the 23/10, hopefully i will find out their decision soon. Does anyone know how long kings take to give their offers??
Original post by francescacscott
I am applying for neuroscience at KCLI study biology, chemistry and physicsPredicted grades AABAnd an A* in my EPQMy application got sent off on the 23/10, hopefully i will find out their decision soon. Does anyone know how long kings take to give their offers??

I sent off my application on the 15th of September. Apparently, London unis reply around January/February
My application on King's Apply changed to "saved" on the date of today; does that mean anything? I submitted it on the 2nd and have been anxiously waiting for a decision since....
Original post by spelltanghulu
My application on King's Apply changed to "saved" on the date of today; does that mean anything? I submitted it on the 2nd and have been anxiously waiting for a decision since....

You’ll probably wait till December/January, ik it sounds difficult but wait
You’ll probably wait till December/January, ik it sounds difficult but wait

Will decisions be given out at a different time than the past few years? They've seemed to consistently come out at around this time in the past.

Quick Reply

Latest