The Student Room Group

Can I apply for Medicine with ABC predicted

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohitbatra
Hi All,
I am in year 13. I was given following predicted grades: A(Maths), B(Bio), C(Chem)
My UCAT score is 725
GCSEs 9(Maths, Bio, Chem, Physics, English), 8(5 subjects), 7(2 subjects)

Can I apply for medicine for 2020 entry? or would I be rejected by every Uni due to my predicted ABC ? :-(

I am getting better grades now, but, in year 12 I didn't work hard at all unfortunately.

What's the best option for me as I want to avoid Gap year if possible, although that is an option I am OK with as well.

Thanks

Rohit

Not sure if relevant but I was predicted ABB and still got offers for dentistry at Sheffield and Newcastle this was through a widening participation scheme but still with a high ucat maybe look at applying to ukcat heavy universities.
Reply 21
Original post by rohitbatra
Hi All,
I am in year 13. I was given following predicted grades: A(Maths), B(Bio), C(Chem)
My UCAT score is 725
GCSEs 9(Maths, Bio, Chem, Physics, English), 8(5 subjects), 7(2 subjects)

Can I apply for medicine for 2020 entry? or would I be rejected by every Uni due to my predicted ABC ? :-(

I am getting better grades now, but, in year 12 I didn't work hard at all unfortunately.

What's the best option for me as I want to avoid Gap year if possible, although that is an option I am OK with as well.

Thanks

Rohit

Did you get into med school?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending