The Student Room Group

The TSR Law Data Extravaganza

Scroll to see replies

Hmmm.....clear as mud isn't it?

Anyway, we know they accepted around BBC/BCC in Clearing so between what they state on their website (AAA-ABB) and that, we know that they will have students with a wide range of grades on their LLB.
so if i calculated correctly, the mcq average for UCL was 26 (interesting if true as it would mean the average has gone down)
I am realising I dodged a bullet not applying to Oxbridge. Either I am bllind or Cam really did not make any offers to resit candidates. I don't even know why I was considering it (given the sort of grades I achieved),regardless of the fact that I had exten circumstances. I shouldn't have looked at the course, Cam course actually looked so interesting. Oh well.... actually cannot stop thinking about Cambridge. No idea what is up with me. I need a reality check.
Here to save the day/night. Thanks.
Reply 24
If it makes you feel any better, they are ridiculously harsh even for postdocs going after junior fellowships. Even then, you must provide aggregated scores from your undergraduate!
Original post by gjd800
If it makes you feel any better, they are ridiculously harsh even for postdocs going after junior fellowships. Even then, you must provide aggregated scores from your undergraduate!

Thank you for trying to make me feel better. :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
That's surprising, especially as the average last year was 23. Do you think there's a reason for that? Do you reckon fewer people applied, or fewer people obtained higher marks on the LNAT?

(Ofc 26 is a really respectable mark, I'd die of happiness if I got 25)
You're resitting? I thought every university would be ok with that if you have special circumstances
Original post by dyingstudent101
You're resitting? I thought every university would be ok with that if you have special circumstances

Yeah, resitting. :smile: Are you in year 13?

They do. I don't know.... surely some students resitting (with exten circum) must have applied last year, but clearly no offers were made. Don't know. Personally, because my grades are low, I am going to apply to as many other 'more realistic but still aspirational' choices as I can. Making an Oxbridge application would have taken up a space and I am not sure how many unis will look at my grades and think "this candidate looks promising" so to maximise my chances of being at uni next year, I am going to apply to other places.

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Yes Year 13!

I understand that tbf, but special circumstance applicants are considered differently I have heard, just because others were rejected doesn't mean you would've been! Are you sitting the LNAT?
Yes Year 13!

I understand that tbf, but special circumstance applicants are considered differently I have heard, just because others were rejected doesn't mean you would've been! Are you sitting the LNAT?

How is it going? What subjects do you do?

Differently? In what way? I don't know. In all honesty, there isn't much going on in terms of my PS either. I feel like I would have wasted a space, I considered it for a very long time but then.... meh. I am trying to get over it. :rofl: There are other people - academically far brighter than me - and they didn't make it so I am not sure why I was even considering it.
I am, yeah! You?
Sociology, maths and law and AS geography lol. Bit of a mix.

Like every case of a student with special circumstances is different because everyone's circumstances are different. Does that make sense?

Honestly fair enough in that respect: my PS is quite empty, I have not done a lot so I kind of had to stretch everything out, and I feel I just wrote about random things that interest me!

Nope, you don't know how admissions tutors look at you or others, there's no point putting yourself down!

Yes! I'm struggling with the MCQ a lot and will post a few essays on this forum maybe tonight and within the next week or so. How is it going for you?

(Sent a lot lmao, sorry in advance:biggrin:)
Sociology, maths and law and AS geography lol. Bit of a mix.

Like every case of a student with special circumstances is different because everyone's circumstances are different. Does that make sense?

Honestly fair enough in that respect: my PS is quite empty, I have not done a lot so I kind of had to stretch everything out, and I feel I just wrote about random things that interest me!

Nope, you don't know how admissions tutors look at you or others, there's no point putting yourself down!

Yes! I'm struggling with the MCQ a lot and will post a few essays on this forum maybe tonight and within the next week or so. How is it going for you?

(Sent a lot lmao, sorry in advance:biggrin:)

I will PM you so that this thread doesn't get derailed lol
I really want LSE to give data on the LNAT scores, it'd be interesting because they keep saying they only use it to distinguish between applicants so I can't imagine it's too high
I really want LSE to give data on the LNAT scores, it'd be interesting because they keep saying they only use it to distinguish between applicants so I can't imagine it's too high

LSE have quite a low acceptance rate, I am assuming they value the personal statement quite a lot then.

Do we know when they usually start making offers?
This is amazing thank you so much
Original post by my_man_123
LSE have quite a low acceptance rate, I am assuming they value the personal statement quite a lot then.

Do we know when they usually start making offers?

Lse are notorious for taking their time. I expect not until February
Oh wow, they definitely weren't wrong. I'm genuinely curious as to why this is the case really, in terms of course content they don't differ a huge amount. I'm glad to see that there is evidence of them being harsher with the grades they accept though (albeit not by a huge amount) a lot of them seem to become overwhelmed in the first month and drop out.

Interesting stuff either way, thank you for sharing! :h:
Interesting to see that QMUL didn't accept anyone with under AAB in 2018.

Where does it say what people on the Sheffield joint honours law course got in with? A lot of those (all?) were combined with languages weren't they, and unis struggle to recruit languages students with top grades as not that many people pick them for A level in the UK
Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending