The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just looked on the website, it says:

All 29 Colleges that accept undergraduate students are open at certain times during the days for you to find out more about College life
staff and current students are on hand all day to answer any questions about studying at Cambridge and the application procedure.
Please note that many Colleges and departments hold their own open days on these dates. Programmes for all events on these days are co-ordinated so that you are able to make the most of the opportunities available.

I think it should be fine to just pitch up...
Reply 21
Does anyone know when I get to Cambridge, is therea specific site I need to go to?
Reply 22
harmonyy.
Does anyone know when I get to Cambridge, is therea specific site I need to go to?

Probably depends what you want to attend/study?
Reply 23
Eugh, so many nerds in the cavendish canteen/bus stop today :P. Doing work experience there and kept coming across some group being shown around or something :biggrin:
Reply 24
Mithra
Eugh, so many nerds in the cavendish canteen/bus stop today:biggrin:

physicists, what do you expect?
having said that... might see you there tomorrow...:wink:
Reply 25
Jiajun
physicists, what do you expect?
having said that... might see you there tomorrow...:wink:

Na, I'm working on the hypothesis that geeks don't really take physics all that much, normally computer science or engineering :P (I can dream :biggrin: ) since all the physicists I've met have been semi-normal (but completely mad :wink: )

See you tomorrow then :P I'll be the one in the canteen in a white shirt talking to the REAL scientists :rolleyes: .

..or just wandering around the buildings because the machine hasn't been working for the past three days :s-smilie:
Reply 26
I went to the open day today! Epic, it was :smile:

So much better than Oxford..
Reply 27
kimoso
I went to the open day today! Epic, it was :smile:

So much better than Oxford..

epic?? wow, i went to oxford open day and was totally impressed, so where did you go or do that made it epic?? probably copy you for tommorw:smile:
Reply 28
Mithra
Na, I'm working on the hypothesis that geeks don't really take physics all that much, normally computer science or engineering :P (I can dream :biggrin: ) since all the physicists I've met have been semi-normal (but completely mad :wink: )

See you tomorrow then :P I'll be the one in the canteen in a white shirt talking to the REAL scientists :rolleyes: .

..or just wandering around the buildings because the machine hasn't been working for the past three days :s-smilie:

lool... i could not have agreed more that physicist are the maddest bunch! im doing my work experience at leeds uni phys department, and by god some of them are ... 'you know what:eek: '... but still, they are really nice guys!!

what do mean talking to REAL scientists lol.
Reply 29
Visited Sydney Sussex for a short bit.
Not as good as expected, but information and motivation given was certainly useful!
I went to St. John's, and walked round to look at some of the other colleges. The English talk at St John's was interesting, although I felt I was very different from some of the other people there. I loved the city of Cambridge though, it's beautiful.
I stayed over at Caius on thursday night, it was my first time in cambridge too :biggrin:.

Amazing place, really enjoyed my time...somehow I feel it isn't really 'me' though...
Reply 32
Arghh I've fallen in love with the most competitive colleges!

I don't know if today helped or just confused the issue. I had a great day, anyway...
which ones?

i remember from when i planned to apply that statistically, college popularity has little effect on odds of gaining an offer. i guess number of places for your subject probably would though.
The amount of contradicting information they all seem to give is a little offputting too though..
Reply 35
Yay for contradicting information :biggrin:. I love the city of Cambridge, only problem is I live literally 20mins driving from there, so if I managed to get in lord knows how I would keep my parents away :P

Latest

Trending

Trending