The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have a nice time steffi.alexa!
i finally rang the courtneys gym near me!, well its 3 miles away. I'm going tomorrow to check it out. I really want to join. Its has a pool, gym, classes, so we will just have to see how I find it. Its £35 a month is that good?, no joining fee and I have to give a months notice if i want to leave. I think i may just join for 2 months over summer till end of september. But if i really like it I will perhaps keep the membership and go every sat or sun depending on when i work and then 2 times on top of that! x
Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
Have a nice time steffi.alexa!
i finally rang the courtneys gym near me!, well its 3 miles away. I'm going tomorrow to check it out. I really want to join. Its has a pool, gym, classes, so we will just have to see how I find it. Its £35 a month is that good?, no joining fee and I have to give a months notice if i want to leave. I think i may just join for 2 months over summer till end of september. But if i really like it I will perhaps keep the membership and go every sat or sun depending on when i work and then 2 times on top of that! x

Thanks, I hope I will.

Sounds good! I can't comment on price, I hardly shopped around for my gym membership - it was either X county council run ones, Y county council run ones (way more expensive - £500 a year for under 16s, but I might join it, I have a job and it is good) or a hotel and country club one that seems really good, but way more expensive.

I plan on getting into going to the gym and eating healthily this summer so 1) I look better for September and 2) I keep it up in school time - we're allowed off the school site any time we want - there's a Spar selling loads of rubbish food, 2 chippies and other assorted take aways... All open for lunch time.

Also, the gym I belong to is in the school PE block, so I can go during free periods (but not lunch because they close between 1 and 3pm) so hopefully I'll stick at this.
Reply 222
I went away for 4 days. I think I maintained whilst I was gone. I only ate salad, rivita, cottage cheese, bran flakes and skimmed milk for the whole 4 days (obviously several times). I did eat rather more of these foods than normal but at least I didn't stray away from them once. In fact, at a huge family gathering, whilst everone was tucking into chocolate fudge cake et al at a resturant, I had a dry salad :proud: They couldn't believe how strong my will was.
Tufts
I went away for 4 days. I think I maintained whilst I was gone. I only ate salad, rivita, cottage cheese, bran flakes and skimmed milk for the whole 4 days (obviously several times). I did eat rather more of these foods than normal but at least I didn't stray away from them once. In fact, at a huge family gathering, whilst everone was tucking into chocolate fudge cake et al at a resturant, I had a dry salad :proud: They couldn't believe how strong my will was.

What no protein Tufts? Are you veggie?
Reply 224
Lady Venom
What no protein Tufts? Are you veggie?

ooops I missed off the tuna :redface: I always mix tuna with cottage cheese and put it between 2 pieces of rivita. I eat it like a sandwich using the rivita as if it were bread.
I can't believe how active I'm being. I've discovered I love exercising. I've been going swimming 3 or 4 times a week. I've also started going to fitness classes. So far I do:
Body pump, once a week
legs bums and tums (LBT),twice a week

I just have one question for my body pump class. When/how often do you increase the weights? The instructor just said when you feel ready to. But how will I be able to tell?
Tufts
ooops I missed off the tuna :redface: I always mix tuna with cottage cheese and put it between 2 pieces of rivita. I eat it like a sandwich using the rivita as if it were bread.

That sounds rank. But then I eat tuna, may and ketchup all mixed..... :rolleyes:
xSplashx
I can't believe how active I'm being. I've discovered I love exercising. I've been going swimming 3 or 4 times a week. I've also started going to fitness classes. So far I do:
Body pump, once a week

I just have one question for my body pump class. When/how often do you increase the weights? The instructor just said when you feel ready to. But how will I be able to tell?

Push yourself. Once a week should be fine.
Lady Venom
Push yourself. Once a week should be fine.

All right, I shall try. Thanks for answering. :smile:
xSplashx
All right, I shall try. Thanks for answering. :smile:

No problem. Glad you've found something you enjoy :biggrin:
Reply 230
xSplashx
Body pump, once a week

The day after your first ever LBT class - you completely ache all over! :eek: :redface:
Reply 231
Lady Venom
That sounds rank. But then I eat tuna, may and ketchup all mixed..... :rolleyes:

:p:

Well proud of my diet over my 4 day trip to London :yes: I was even naughty and took my rivita-tuna thingys to resturants! :biggrin: Funk their menus!

Arrived home last night so jumping back into exercise today! I have uber catching up to do!
Tufts
The day after your first ever LBT class - you completely ache all over! :eek: :redface:

True. But LBT compared to the day after my first Body Pump class was nothing. Body pump caused a worse ache. :eek:
I go for a walk almost everyday and sometimes a jog.

I have been doing this all year so I am in good form already. :smile:

But I had 2 McDonalds last week :s-smilie: !
Reply 234
Wow, reading this thread has really driven home just how far I have to go to get the body I want. Definitely hitting the gym tomorrow, now.
Reply 235
I've bought a Wii fit so i'm gonna start using that and going on the exercise bike - then hoping for the best. I think i have a low metabolism tbh because I really don't eat that much.
This is probably a stoopid question... but errr this is the internet so yeah!

My BMR is around 1700 calories and I'm working on losing weight at 1 - 2lb a week.

I aim to eat 1700 - 1800 calories a day, 3 - 4 times a week I go to the gym too burning 400/500 - 900 calories depending on what hours I'm doing at work)...

1700 - 1800 is what I should be eating to maintain my weight minus 500... Where I'm burning calories at the gym should I be eating more to compensate for that... For example 1800 - 900 is 900, so my body's running on 900 calories? Is that safe/healthy/okay? I can't seem to find the answer on the net!

Thanking you.
thepinkpowerranger
This is probably a stoopid question... but errr this is the internet so yeah!

My BMR is around 1700 calories and I'm working on losing weight at 1 - 2lb a week.

I aim to eat 1700 - 1800 calories a day, 3 - 4 times a week I go to the gym too burning 400/500 - 900 calories depending on what hours I'm doing at work)...

1700 - 1800 is what I should be eating to maintain my weight minus 500... Where I'm burning calories at the gym should I be eating more to compensate for that... For example 1800 - 900 is 900, so my body's running on 900 calories? Is that safe/healthy/okay? I can't seem to find the answer on the net!

Thanking you.

Yes. if you burn 500 cals just keep eating your normal. If you aren't going to exercise then minus your 1500. I don't calorie count, too confusing!
Lady Venom
Yes. if you burn 500 cals just keep eating your normal. If you aren't going to exercise then minus your 1500. I don't calorie count, too confusing!

Thank you. :smile: It is well confusing... lol. But it's working. Guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing (but eating slightly more if I'm really hungry after a work out!!).
thepinkpowerranger
Thank you. :smile: It is well confusing... lol. But it's working. Guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing (but eating slightly more if I'm really hungry after a work out!!).

If you are working out hard, don't be afraid to eat a little more or your will end up sore.

Latest