The Student Room Group

AS Levels- So Hard!

So Im coming to the end of my as year and omg it's been hard, maybe because I took both English's and stuff but its made me so depressed sort of thing and made me not want to come back next year but i want to go to uni so i have to..

Anyone else been put off A-levels? Do you think it's hard? I just want to talk to someone who's been in the same situation as me sort of thing...
Reply 1
Too-Cute-For-You
So Im coming to the end of my as year and omg it's been hard, maybe because I took both English's and stuff but its made me so depressed sort of thing and made me not want to come back next year but i want to go to uni so i have to..

Anyone else been put off A-levels? Do you think it's hard? I just want to talk to someone who's been in the same situation as me sort of thing...

lol i too found it hard and i too decided at one point of time if i dont get atleast AAA i am not coming back...
Reply 2
Are you in year 12 now?
have you dropped out?
I just really cant decide what to do but oh well..
Reply 3
Too-Cute-For-You
Are you in year 12 now?
have you dropped out?
I just really cant decide what to do but oh well..

no i have not dropped out, and i dont think i will and yeah i am in year 12 ATM.
Reply 4
Oh right, me too! hmm, what subjects did you take?
You've got summer in a few weeks. Relax, recharge your batteries and all will be well next term. Yeah the work is hard but it's not impossible by any means.

And to the person who said they won't go back unless they get AAA, I wouldn't recommend it. You can easily bump your marks up in january if they're not as good as youd hoped. With resits, I went from ACC to AAB at AS level.
Reply 6
SuperSam_Fantastiche
You've got summer in a few weeks. Relax, recharge your batteries and all will be well next term. Yeah the work is hard but it's not impossible by any means.

Thanks, yeah summer is literally the only thing keeping me going although when summer ends my boyfriend is off to university which i can see is going to make me less determind and more 'Sit around and cry'
Reply 7
just think- if you work harder you can g off and join him
Reply 8
Annaconda
just think- if you work harder you can g off and join him

yeah, thats basically another thing keepin me going.

I just hate it, I have no friends at my sixth form because i only moved here in year 12 to do sixth form..Hmmm,
Too-Cute-For-You
Thanks, yeah summer is literally the only thing keeping me going although when summer ends my boyfriend is off to university which i can see is going to make me less determind and more 'Sit around and cry'

Maybe your results will spur you on to achieve a bit more...And you'll get used to not having the fella around to distract you from your work :p:
Reply 10
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Maybe your results will spur you on to achieve a bit more...And you'll get used to not having the fella around to distract you from your work :p:

haha Yeah, I do admit, he does sometimes do that.. I end up spending time with him instead of working..
I can't agree more A levels are hard and theres no denying that.

I felt exactly the same as you by the end of Year 12, down and wanting to give up. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to stay on for Year 13 really.

The thing is, its best to just keep pushing on with it. I don't care who says A2's are harder, because they felt exactly the same to me really.

You will probably feel alot better after results day as well, because once you know how far you have already come then its worth putting in that extra years worth of effort.

I'm sure you have done much better than you thought as well, everyone seems to think they have done worse for some reason.
I have only felt like that with one subject. I have hated it all year but if i get a B am going to do it next year (but if i don't i'm going to resit).

I also dislike another subject but only because i find it boring but i may end up doing that depending on other subjects.

I think the exams were not as bad as i was anticipating but after having said that i bet i got 4 D's. LOL
Reply 13
mollymustard
I can't agree more A levels are hard and theres no denying that.

I felt exactly the same as you by the end of Year 12, down and wanting to give up. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to stay on for Year 13 really.

The thing is, its best to just keep pushing on with it. I don't care who says A2's are harder, because they felt exactly the same to me really.

You will probably feel alot better after results day as well, because once you know how far you have already come then its worth putting in that extra years worth of effort.

I'm sure you have done much better than you thought as well, everyone seems to think they have done worse for some reason.

Thanks, that helped alot, especially to see that you've applied for uni etc even though you wanted to give up. people dont really prepare you for a levels and only once you do them do you realise what a horrible thing they are.
Too-Cute-For-You
Thanks, that helped alot, especially to see that you've applied for uni etc even though you wanted to give up. people dont really prepare you for a levels and only once you do them do you realise what a horrible thing they are.

Yes, they really arn't pleasant.
The thing is, you just have to try and grit your teeth because time goes by very quickly, and before you know it your applying for Uni and have finished your A levels altogether.

Are you applying for Uni? I certainly think it helps as it lets you focus on one goal and can help you want to succeed a little bit more than when you are working towards nothing.
Reply 15
Yeah they are hard if you don't work and don't have the right exam technique, specifically the arts based subjects. I found my AS levels pretty hard this time round, not because i didn't work (because i worked very hard) but it was just the sheer amount i had to do plus i just had bad days :frown: All the best I am sure you ve done better than you think :hugs:
Reply 16
Too-Cute-For-You
Oh right, me too! hmm, what subjects did you take?

i did Chemistry,biology,maths,english lit and physics

Latest