The Student Room Group

Finance/ Economics Summer Internships for a level students?

Hi I’m currently on a gap year and I thought it’d be a great idea to do a summer internship on the summer of 2020 before I start at uni in the finance/ economics/ banking field but I don’t know where to look. Anyone know of where I can look online to find one/ know of any good ones? I live around the midlands sort of area. Thanks!!
Original post by Sophee7
Hi I’m currently on a gap year and I thought it’d be a great idea to do a summer internship on the summer of 2020 before I start at uni in the finance/ economics/ banking field but I don’t know where to look. Anyone know of where I can look online to find one/ know of any good ones? I live around the midlands sort of area. Thanks!!

go to networking events and ask for internships and even if they arent paid still take them. applying online wont get u anywhere its wayy too competitive especially if ur not even a uni studfent yet. try asking ur school if they have any economics/banking internships available, thats what i did and i found a paid one at a large firm due this summer.
Reply 2
Original post by kiwizor123
go to networking events and ask for internships and even if they arent paid still take them. applying online wont get u anywhere its wayy too competitive especially if ur not even a uni studfent yet. try asking ur school if they have any economics/banking internships available, thats what i did and i found a paid one at a large firm due this summer.

Can I Cold E-Mail to my local firms for work experience?
yea u can even email large firms if ur feeling brave
Reply 4
yea u can even email large firms if ur feeling brave

I am making a list of companies to send an e-mail to. Which one would you recommend cold calling or cold emailing?
Original post by Manvith
I am making a list of companies to send an e-mail to. Which one would you recommend cold calling or cold emailing?

There are the usual suspects deutsche bank, morgan stanley etc but they are v hard to get a response from. Honestly in person is most effective but thats for u do decide, worth a shot either way. Send me the list if u want
Reply 6
There are the usual suspects deutsche bank, morgan stanley etc but they are v hard to get a response from. Honestly in person is most effective but thats for u do decide, worth a shot either way. Send me the list if u want

How do I go In-person, I think it is possible to E-Mail them, I am also thinking of cold calling as I am due to start university this September for Economics in a Semi-Target outside of London and want to get experience in banks or asset management firms or in any finance industry and can I PM you the list?
Original post by Manvith
How do I go In-person, I think it is possible to E-Mail them, I am also thinking of cold calling as I am due to start university this September for Economics in a Semi-Target outside of London and want to get experience in banks or asset management firms or in any finance industry and can I PM you the list?

what uni are u going to? Im going to QMUL after being rejected by lse and ucl sadly. And you can def go in person just takes more time but is more successful
Reply 8
I am going to the University of Nottingham. Which Universities did you apply to and get offers from?
Original post by Manvith
I am going to the University of Nottingham. Which Universities did you apply to and get offers from?

applied to lse ucl kings and queen marys and sadly didnt get any of the trio, so im goijg qmul pretty upset but hopefully i can go do a masters at ucl
applied to lse ucl kings and queen marys and sadly didnt get any of the trio, so im goijg qmul pretty upset but hopefully i can go do a masters at ucl

Are you living in London and do you have any work experience or try to get any work experience this summer?
Original post by Manvith
Are you living in London and do you have any work experience or try to get any work experience this summer?

yes im living in london and i have a month long paid intenship this summer in this company that buys and sells mortgages from Goldman Sachs. Thing is its not that glamarous for cv but i can make some useful links to these bigger banks and maybe i can ask for an internship from these connections. I literally asked my teacher for any banking internship and she showed me this and i had to compete against 5 people which I did successfully. all luck tbh but life is luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending