The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
some people are such grammar-bitches.

change the record guys and leave the OP alone!
sundogs
some people are such grammar-bitches.

change the record guys and leave the OP alone!

thank you absolutely for your concern to me! you are probably the first person on this board who even slightly likes me. thank you!

becaause of your empathy, i'm repping you every month! :yep:
Well, no, not really.

I'm applying to Oxford because I feel the tutorial system will get the best out of me in terms of historical knowledge and research capabilities. One-to-one guidance is invaluable in improving your intellectual curiosity as opposed to a lecture room with another 30-odd people.

Going for the open day and seeing the great architecture helped my cause mind.
Reply 23
im so academic
thank you absolutely for your concern to me! you are probably the first person on this board who even slightly likes me. thank you!

becaause of your empathy, i'm repping you every month! :yep:

would have done the same for anyone :cool:
im so academic
:smile: That's what I meant - would you go to oxbridge just for the sake of getting a top-rated degree, even if it evens living in an environment you can't handle, or a subject which you are not interested in?

No. That would be absurd, and not remotely conducive to a decent performance in my case (nor in the majority of other cases, I would imagine).
Reply 25
I, at the minute, couldn't give a **** about how good the degree is viewed at the end. I love studying at Cambridge for a million other reasons.
im so academic
Would you/did you/have you only go to Oxbridge, solely on the degree you get at the end?

That is the most incoherent question that I have seen in days.
Your chances of going to Oxford or Cambridge must be vanishingly small.
Reply 27
im so academic
:smile: That's what I meant - would you go to oxbridge just for the sake of getting a top-rated degree, even if it evens living in an environment you can't handle, or a subject which you are not interested in?

If that was the case, you would likely not get a top-rated degree. Few people do well at subjects they don't like in an environment they don't get on with.

The prestige of the degree was a factor for me, but a relatively small one.
Reply 28
thanks for your lovely rep "im so academic"

:biggrin:
flugestuge
That is the most incoherent question that I have seen in days.
Your chances of going to Oxford or Cambridge must be vanishingly small.

im appalled about what you said about me. how can you be so rude?

and how is it the most incoherent question you've seen in days? ok, make my question into a coherent one then - i'd like to see you do that! ha!

......and my chances of going to oxbirdge are "vanishingly small", well believe it or not, im so academic and very advanced for me age in learning. how dare you think you have the right to say i'm not going to get in cambridge!
im so academic

and how is it the most incoherent question you've seen in days? ok, make my question into a coherent one then - i'd like to see you do that! ha!

......and my chances of going to oxbirdge are "vanishingly small", well believe it or not, im so academic and very advanced for me age in learning. how dare you think you have the right to say i'm not going to get in cambridge!

Erm, it's not hard.

'Would you/did you/have you only go to Oxbridge, solely on the degree you get at the end?' = INCOHERENT.

'Would you/did you only go to Oxbridge for the prestige factor?' = COHERENT.
im so academic
im so academic and very advanced for me age in learning.

It is a shame that your grammar, spelling and content are not consistent with your claims. :rolleyes:
Reply 32
:no:

Did your mum say you were a special snowflake as well?

Cambridge doesn't accept special snowflakes - they tend to melt.
im so academic
Would you/did you/have you only go to Oxbridge, solely on the degree you get at the end?

You must be trolling.
Nobody can write THAT incoherently.

Come on, confess that you are just pretending to be illiterate.
oh burn... *fire melting snow...*
Erradhadh
:no:

Did your mum say you were a special snowflake as well?

Cambridge doesn't accept special snowflakes - they tend to melt.

What on earth is a 'special snowflake' since apparently I'm one and errr Cambridge accepted me...
Reply 36
sugarlumps.
What on earth is a 'special snowflake' since apparently I'm one and errr Cambridge accepted me...

For those not in the know: :p:

Special Snowflake Syndrome: when a child is repeatedly told the s/he is a very unique individual, unlike anyone else, and way more special; this syndrome manifests itself in beliefs the s/he can prevail in tasks s/he obviously cannot.

Any tautologies purposefully included.

Oh, and, gross...Cambridge! :wink:
Erradhadh
For those not in the know: :p:

Special Snowflake Syndrome: when a child is repeatedly told the s/he is a very unique individual, unlike anyone else, and way more special; this syndrome manifests itself in beliefs the s/he can prevail in tasks s/he obviously cannot.

Any tautologies purposefully included.

Oh, and, gross...Cambridge! :wink:

But er...you told me that I have said syndrome due to some self-esteem issues.

Seems like you're a bit confused, dear.
Reply 38
sugarlumps.
But er...you told me that I have said syndrome due to some self-esteem issues.

Seems like you're a bit confused, dear.

I've never told you that you have self-esteem issues; I once said that someone else in the same thread as you in the H&R forum has them, though.

And here I was in reference to the grammatically challenged, Oxbridge wannabe.
Reply 39
im so academic

Considering the level of thought shown in your posts, I think it's a valid comment. Getting in is about seeming, in an interview, to be very, very bright. To be logical and think things through well. Most of your threads show an inability to do this, which will impact on your admissions chances.

Latest

Trending

Trending