The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Law exams at University

I have received an unconditional offer at Cardiff university to study law and criminology starting next September. I want to accept this offer because it’s a much better uni for this subject than the other unis I applied for, and it’s a lot closer to home. However the exam vs coursework ratio is substantially higher. Online it states an average of 70-80% exams per year, whereas the other unis are 50% exams. I don’t want to be stressed out with so much of my degree riding on exams. So what I’d like to know is how do the exams work-law exams specifically but also criminology. Could anyone give me a breakdown of exams? I’ve heard you can bring your notes into exams and are told the questions beforehand. And that a lot of the law exams are made up of multiple choice. But I feel like this isn’t the full story so I just want to be sure before I make my decision
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Toniii316
I have received an unconditional offer at Cardiff university to study law and criminology starting next September. I want to accept this offer because it’s a much better uni for this subject than the other unis I applied for, and it’s a lot closer to home. However the exam vs coursework ratio is substantially higher. Online it states an average of 70-80% exams per year, whereas the other unis are 50% exams. I don’t want to be stressed out with so much of my degree riding on exams. So what I’d like to know is how do the exams work-law exams specifically but also criminology. Could anyone give me a breakdown of exams? I’ve heard you can bring your notes into exams and are told the questions beforehand. And that a lot of the law exams are made up of multiple choice. But I feel like this isn’t the full story so I just want to be sure before I make my decision

Heyy, could you lmk what the exams are like assuming you’ve done them
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by ccchanel0
Heyy, could you lmk what the exams are like assuming you’ve done them

Hi there,

The structure may have changed since COVID-19. I'd suggest reaching out to the School of Law and Politics to find out what that might look like for your cohort.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending