The Student Room Group

Applying for a permanent job knowing I will leave after summer?

I have an offer for a tech grad scheme to start in September and I have been applying for temporary jobs but have had no luck whatsoever. I received an offer for a tech permanent job a few days ago and need to give an answer very soon. However, I am unsure whether to take it because I know I will be leaving but I could really do with some money and a job to do me until September.
Just go for it.

You shouldn't feel bad about moving on from a job. If you want to be nice, give a good amount of notice.
Original post by Anonymous
I have an offer for a tech grad scheme to start in September and I have been applying for temporary jobs but have had no luck whatsoever. I received an offer for a tech permanent job a few days ago and need to give an answer very soon. However, I am unsure whether to take it because I know I will be leaving but I could really do with some money and a job to do me until September.

Presumably you didn't tell them that you would be leaving, and they didn't ask about how long you would stay?

At this point if you start work within the next few weeks, you'd be working there about 6 months, which is a reasonable chunk of time. It's up to you what you tell them when you quit, and whether you tell them in advance that this won't be a long term thing. They may not particularly like it (especially if they invest in you regarding training etc.), so don't expect them to be thrilled when you do hand in your notice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending