The Student Room Group

Which affects a babies health the most, never breastfeeding or smoking in pregnancy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sammyj97
E025BDC7-1591-43C0-8048-06E9F72A3E45.jpg.jpeg
0A48AF9B-F8AF-4684-90E5-FBBC17C45443.jpg.jpeg

okay thanks. i'm gonna call my dear mum now, and blame her for my chronic chest infection. maybe it's actually some hardcore asthma.
Bear in mind though that long term health effects from infant diet are by logic very difficult to study. It must be hard to control for the potential of parents who breastfeed generally being more health conscious/raisng their child in a healthier way than those who don’t breastfeed. How do we know it was actually her milk and not healthy habits that resulted in better health : p Maybe they have used studies of twins/siblings to get around this, not sure.
Original post by Anonymous
why don't first world women breastfeed?

It can be hard. Plus, for some, vanity.
Original post by Anonymous
Bear in mind though that long term health effects from infant diet are by logic very difficult to study. It must be hard to control for the potential of parents who breastfeed generally being more health conscious/raisng their child in a healthier way than those who don’t breastfeed. How do we know it was actually her milk and not healthy habits that resulted in better health : p Maybe they have used studies of twins/siblings to get around this, not sure.

I doubt there are many parents out there who breast feed one of their twins but not the other!
Original post by black tea
It can be hard. Plus, for some, vanity.

I doubt there are many parents out there who breast feed one of their twins but not the other!

Well then if thats the case that makes it it even more harder to study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending