The Student Room Group

Help Urgently need Study Tips!!!

Does anyone have any study tips to start studying and during studying. I will sometimes get a burst of motivation and study for 3h straight about once a month but when I try to study other times it feels like so much work.
I'm currently using mind maps and not sure if that's an effective way to study or not. I used to get all As without studying but I have since realized that A levels are different and I need to study but just honestly don't know how.
Thank you.
Original post by renaamz
Does anyone have any study tips to start studying and during studying. I will sometimes get a burst of motivation and study for 3h straight about once a month but when I try to study other times it feels like so much work.
I'm currently using mind maps and not sure if that's an effective way to study or not. I used to get all As without studying but I have since realized that A levels are different and I need to study but just honestly don't know how.
Thank you.

You need to find your own effective way of revising. If mind maps are how you usually do it maybe add a bit of colour, images or anything that's creative. I find that I prefer to revise if there is a kind of activity behind it, like not just sitting and making notes but drawing things that I can label or listening to music. You could even give yourself a treat every time you finish a particular section.

It may also be that instead of the 3 hours straight revision that you plan out each week when you can spend time revising. Maybe one hour a day or a few hours on the weekend, but remember to give yourself a break but not too long a break that you'll lose total motivation.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending