The Student Room Group

How much do you spend on a Night Out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
davef314
i walk home, saves about 20 quid in taxi fares, sobers you up resulting in less of a hangover, and i enjoy the walk.

Same here, the neighbourhoods on the way back are fine, and there's no one about at half three anyway, takes me about 40 minutes when I'm pissed, although I'm only saving about £8 or £9, and if it's crappy weather I'll get a cab.

Oh, and it results in some fun times, like when the police searched me for matching the description of a car thief, what fun! :p:

On a normal night with me walking home, I'll end up spending about £25-£30, never get that drunk anymore, and there's not much fat on me so I get drunk pretty quick, yay!
About £50

taxis, club fee, shots, drink, bit of food. drinks are so expensive in a club
Too much.

It changes all the time really. Sometimes going out is a last minute decision because we're bored and our mates are out so we'll go and meet them for a few drinks. Sometimes there are big pub crawls and clubs where I obviously spend quite a bit.

Student nights are supposed to be cheaper but they are crap. The cheap drinks are turd so I normally spend a fortune on getting some decent drinks that don't just taste like a spoonfull of sugar.
Reply 23
CheesyBeans
Too much.

It changes all the time really. Sometimes going out is a last minute decision because we're bored and our mates are out so we'll go and meet them for a few drinks. Sometimes there are big pub crawls and clubs where I obviously spend quite a bit.

Student nights are supposed to be cheaper but they are crap. The cheap drinks are turd so I normally spend a fortune on getting some decent drinks that don't just taste like a spoonfull of sugar.

lol you sound just like me :P

its so annoying spending loads but it just seems that without doing so the night ends up being ****e
All you can get for cheap on student nights are crappier versions of crap alcopops.
You can always smuggle in a small bottle of vodka if you're a girl though
A taxi would cost me £20 to get home when I'm at my parents' in Durham (anytime I'm not at uni) and I'm quoting a price from a year ago. With petrol prices going up since then I'd bet it's £25 now. I tend to opt for coming home early or hope a friend is taking their car out.

That said, a night out in Durham or Newcastle costs me £10-20. In Liverpool it costs me £2-10. It depends where I'm going and how much I drink before I go out. I tend to avoid paying inflated drink prices just because it's a popular venue or a club. Gotta love the student union on a Monday night though; double vodka and mixer for £1.30.
Reply 27
Usually about £25ish on a good student night where i live. When i turn 18 though i have a feeling that will turn into more as i can go buy my own drinks :eek:
£20 usually on drinks, then £10 in the kebab shoppe. That's a fairly average night out for me.

Last night was £3 though, cause I was on the cola, and we got thrown out after a mate accidentally broke a chair but wasn't man enough to say "It broke when I sat on it - I'm completely sober, so why the hell would I break a chair knowing the consequences..."
at the moment i usualy take out £20, 15 for drinks and club entry if we go somewhere thats like £2 or £3 to get in. Then a fiver for taxi home. Im sure all this will change when i get to uni and itll be £10 and no taxi and ill be drunk before i even go out! :biggrin:!
About £20 at most, probs less if I'm with a certain friend, he gets insulted if you insist on paying for yourself (at first it was annoying because I hate taking off people but you soon get used to it :rolleyes:) Saying that though I don't see him as often now :frown:
At uni I usually spend around £15 on a night out because of the cheap night bus service and cheap student offers, but back home I'll spend about £40 cause there is no night bus so I'll have to pay for a taxi and I live in the middle of nowhere, and there are no student nights back home.
depends on the day, for example on wednesdays everywhere has pound drinks and and free entry, and we normally do pre-drinks first before going anywhere, so can definitely keep it under a fiver!
most i've ever spent is probably about 35, but its normally about £20 (fiver on pre-drinks alcohol, fiver on taxi, £4 on entry, £6 for 3 drinks inside)
Reply 33
70 quid? I spend that in a month. I go out usually twice a week, but always drive in,which of course means I only have one alcoholic drink (if that) and then spend about 6 quid on nightclub entry. Sometimes nab a packet of crisps on the way home. So on average, around 8 quid.
£30 - £40

My friend *** sometimes spends hundreds though.

Friday night he bought 4 of us a £40 bottle of champagne when he was drunk without saying anything before :laugh: what a tit.
Reply 35
£70 is crazy! Why don't you get the bus in? That's what I do if I can't get a lift lol. But then again the weirdos come out at night :s-smilie::s-smilie: Night bus home too, which is £2.50 but only on fri/sat night which sucks. If I'm not drinking, under £10, if I am then about £15-25 or less because I make sure I'm tipsy before I leave the house (if I plan on getting drunk obviously). Meh, I think that's pretty sad but every now and again you just wanna get drunk.. lol (e.g. results. ohhh crap :frown: )
Reply 36
£30 and a bit more for a takeaway to soak up the booze, though on my birthday I have no idea how much I spent.
Reply 37
oops double posted the same thing
Reply 38
Literally everything I have. If I only have £10 then I'll just go to the pub for a few pints (3) and probably spend the quid on a frame of pool. If I have £20 I'll get a naggin of vodka or a couple of cans and drink them at home first, then spend the rest on drinks when I'm out. If I have £70 I'll get the vodka/cans, drink them, and then spend the rest on drinks when I'm out/my friends.
Reply 39
Depends on the what night I go out really. Usually on a Saturday night I can go out and spend £30 and that includes entry to a club - but my boyfriend seems to buy me a lot of drinks haha.

Went out on Thursday night and spent £55! :frown: But I did owe my boyfriend £10 and like 5 drinks so spent like £30 plus money for a taxi and takeaway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending