The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Ask a Uni of York Student!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2102945
I got a 2:1 in my first year and a 3rd in my extra credit modules but they said the modules for my maths don’t match up well enough.

Hi @2102945,
Thanks for getting in touch.

Would you mind sending us a DM with your email address, full name, and the course you're hoping to study please? I'd be happy to chase that up for you.

Thanks,
Bea
University of York
York
Original post by University of York
Hi @2102945,
Thanks for getting in touch.

Would you mind sending us a DM with your email address, full name, and the course you're hoping to study please? I'd be happy to chase that up for you.

Thanks,
Bea

They have now changed it to first year entry because my grades aren’t good enough, I emailed and asked them already.
Original post by 2102945
They have now changed it to first year entry because my grades aren’t good enough, I emailed and asked them already.

No worries.
If you need anything else please feel free to get in touch :smile:
I want to put Alcuin as my top choice for accommodation, but there can be as many as 16 people per kitchen. Is it ever problematic with so many people self-catering from one kitchen? Thank you!
Hi, I just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice on accommodation. I’ve been offered a band 3 en-suite room in Alcuin but am considering swapping for a band 3 room in Goodricke that is shared bathroom. Im having trouble deciding as I think campus east looks nicer though I would prefer my own bathroom. Alcuin is also in a pretty good location for easy access to the library and the bus to town but ove also heard about silverfish and damp. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
Reply 185
Original post by Kilburn303
Hi, I just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice on accommodation. I’ve been offered a band 3 en-suite room in Alcuin but am considering swapping for a band 3 room in Goodricke that is shared bathroom. Im having trouble deciding as I think campus east looks nicer though I would prefer my own bathroom. Alcuin is also in a pretty good location for easy access to the library and the bus to town but ove also heard about silverfish and damp. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hey. I've since graduated from York, but I lived in a Band 3 room in Goodricke that was shared bathroom (house of 8, including myself with 2 bathrooms) and honestly it was fine. The cleaners did an excellent job with cleaning the communal areas. In terms of getting around between Campus East and Campus West (main campus), it's not too bad. There's a nice cycle/pedestrian path around Anne Lister and David Kato colleges if you fancy cycling/walking between the two campuses. The bus is ok between campuses, but I would always leave early if you have classes because there's usually a large queue for the bus when it's busy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending