The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

As has been said, they have had bugger all time to get everything properly sorted. Also, York is very laid back, in a good way. Give them chance, and you will get everything. In all fairness, it's not going to contain any information you critically need. There's another 8 weeks before you actually start, and the law school is actually new this year, so they haven't got the experience of past years yet.
University of York
York
Reply 21
TheBestPotenialBarrister
I havent heard anything from York uni.

No welcome pack.

No details about accomodation.

No reading list.

No details about Freshers week...

I mean I'm tired of getting second hand information from random York students. Why won't a senior member of staff give us the info in a formal way.. instead of everything being so slack...

Actually, departments don't have anywhere near complete lists of who's going to be coming till late Friday in results week, because it takes till then for the insurance candidates to be properly sorted out. That means it's more or less impossible to have every information pack sent out till the following week (though the process gets started). Believe me, we've been anything but slacking this week!

As far as law-specific information is concerned, you'll get something closer to the start of term. The stuff we'll be sending you consists of things we'd like you to read / do shortly before the programme begins, so there's not much point sending it out in August. If you have any questions or would like any more information in the meantime, we're only an email / phonecall away.
Reply 22
...I love it when that happens :wink:
Reply 23
i spoke to the law department today. they do not have a summer reading list. so no worries on that front about being behind because you haven't recieved it. apperently it can be counter productive to their problem based learning method.
Reply 24
Guys, can someone help me? They mention a financial guarantee for undergraduates in some guide that was in the accom pack, what the hell is this? Deadline for sending it is 31 Aug. Please? :frown:
Reply 25
I guess it's something special for international students? get in touch with the Uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending