The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ghost
I'd say a low B/high C at best. Also, you shouldn't publish your coursework to the internet, especially before it is marked. What exam board are you with? And what's your second name, Riyadh?

EDIT: Nevermind about telling me the exam board, I see you're with WJEC. What's your second name? :smile:

Abdulla.

And how do i get it higher than a low B? Seriously, I need an A to get an A* overall for my coursework folder :cry:
Reply 21
Ramadulla
Abdulla.

And how do i get it higher than a low B? Seriously, I need an A to get an A* overall for my coursework folder :cry:

Ok Riyadh Abdulla, I'll make WJEC aware that they should be on the lookout for this piece of coursework :smile:.

Bye.
Ghost
Ok Riyadh Abdulla, I'll make WJEC aware that they should be on the lookout for this piece of coursework :smile:.

Bye.

:laugh: You'll always be an idiot. Always will be.
Reply 23
Ramadulla
:laugh: You'll always be an idiot. Always will be.

I'm not the one posting unmarked coursework to a public message board.
WJEC sounded very grateful for my call actually. Oh well :smile:. Good luck :wink:.
Ghost
I'm not the one posting unmarked coursework to a public message board.
WJEC sounded very grateful for my call actually. Oh well :smile:. Good luck :wink:.

You're an example as to why our society today is filled with greed and lust.
Reply 25
Ramadulla

And you're an example of why examinations are riddled with disqualificaitons and mark deductions. You might want to call WJEC and explain yourself if you want to avoid either of the above. I'd do it quickly, too.
Ramadulla

Um... lust? Where does that come into it?

You can't really ask people on TSR to grade your coursework and then be disppointed with the marks. As far as I am aware, none of us are examiners or teachers, and though you can take our advice (which you seem reluctant to do, with the 'What's wrong with my punctuation?' comments) but you can't really go by grade estimations. As you can see, different people are giving you different grades. That's because we don't know what grade you will get.

And it's enough to expect us to plough through the coursework, let alone the mark scheme. If you want me to, and are willing to actually take the advice, I can spend 20 minutes or so going through it properly and correcting all the punctuation and structure errors. If you don't value my opinion, which would be fair enough, and are going to contest everything I say, then I won't bother. But I'm happy to do it. Let me know.

And it is stupid to post unmarked coursework on the net. Not everyone is saintly and scrupulous and you can pretty much expect it to get stolen.
upturnedpalms
Um... lust? Where does that come into it?

You can't really ask people on TSR to grade your coursework and then be disppointed with the marks. As far as I am aware, none of us are examiners or teachers, and though you can take our advice (which you seem reluctant to do, with the 'What's wrong with my punctuation?' comments) but you can't really go by grade estimations. As you can see, different people are giving you different grades. That's because we don't know what grade you will get.

And it's enough to expect us to plough through the coursework, let alone the mark scheme. If you want me to, and are willing to actually take the advice, I can spend 20 minutes or so going through it properly and correcting all the punctuation and structure errors. If you don't value my opinion, which would be fair enough, and are going to contest everything I say, then I won't bother. But I'm happy to do it. Let me know.

And it is stupid to post unmarked coursework on the net. Not everyone is saintly and scrupulous and you can pretty much expect it to get stolen.

Yeah, i value your opinion a lot, please check it :smile:
Ramadulla
Yeah, i value your opinion a lot, please check it :smile:

:rolleyes: Oh that's it, ignore the slightly critical elemtns of the post and just jump straight to the offer! Alright, I'll do it, give me a bit.
Reply 29
Ramadulla
Why?

Because you'll receive an 'F' for Common Sense, and a not-dissimilar grade for your coursework when it's flagged by anti-plagiarism software as bearing an uncanny resemblance to an article posted on The Student Room in August of 2008.
Reply 30
Ramadulla
Abdulla.

You can't. The sooner you accept that English Is Not For You and begin to concentrate your efforts more productively elsewhere, the better.
Profesh
You can't. The sooner you accept that English Is Not For You and begin to concentrate your efforts more productively elsewhere, the better.

English is for me, so far I've got an A grade folder, I just need help on this to keep it that way... so don't try to, you know, bring me down or criticise my ability.
Ramadulla
English is for me, so far I've got an A grade folder, I just need help on this to keep it that way... so don't try to, you know, bring me down or criticise my ability.

You did ask for the criticism, to be fair.
Reply 33
Ramadulla

After keeping in touch and discussing this issue with ECDL

Do you mean corresponding?
Right, I'll do this in chunks or it's going to be about a year before you get it all. This is all just my personal opinion, I could be just as wrong as you.

This academic year Beardwood Humanities College has witnessed several magnificent improvements in the way it operates. One of the most recent yet noticeable improvements is the way in which Beardwood has demonstrated that learning can be genuinely fun, yet educative and intriguing for pupils at the same time. Evidence of such success is publicised every half-term in ‘Humanities Day’, a fantastic suggestion submitted and accepted inside last year’s report.

These opportunities, along with numerous others, would have never existed without the charitable support of the Parents’ Society. In order to build on and maintain these pleasing improvements, please read this year’s report and, as you are reading, consider the potential alterations Beardwood Humanities College can benefit from. Together for excellence!

• I would question the use of the word ‘magnificent’. It just doesn’t really ring true in the context. Perhaps significant, notable, interesting or key?
• I don’t think educative sounds right. Educational would be better, but one assumes that learning is generally educational. Maybe scrap it completely? Do you need both words? Maybe try ‘… genuinely fun, yet still beneficial and relevant for pupils’?
• What’s ‘Humanities Day’? It’s not clear to the reader, should it be? If it’s some sort of newsletter, the sentence needs to follow on; I changed it anyway, but it might not be right, depending on what it is.
• I think it sounds wrong to have ‘pleasing’ followed so closely be ‘please’. Make of that what you will; it’s a personal preference. If you think it sounds fine then leave it, if not then try another adjective.
• Why does it say ‘together for excellence’? Is it a motto or something? If it is, fine, but once again it’s not clear.

EDIT: Damn, the alterations should be in bold, I forgot it wouldn't format. I'll send you the entire word document when I'm done, it'll be clearer.
upturnedpalms
Right, I'll do this in chunks or it's going to be about a year before you get it all. This is all just my personal opinion, I could be just as wrong as you.

EDIT: Damn, the alterations should be in bold, I forgot it wouldn't format. I'll send you the entire word document when I'm done, it'll be clearer.

Oh, the target of it is to write a REPORT to the PARENTS' SOCIETY. This report is YEARLY and hence THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT WAS SUGGESTED LAST YEAR, AND THIS IS CALLED BEING AWARE OF THE AUDIENCE.

I'm sorry I didn't say this before, but it's an important point to stress if you're getting confused.
Reply 36
In fairness, your coursework is riddled with malapropisms, misnomers and elementary errors of grammar; moreover (as an aside), your user-title contains the phrase 'venemous poison' which is not only a mis-spelling but also a ludicrous tautology. That said, I never achieved an 'A' in GCSE English Language, so all this may well be par for the course.
Reply 37
I just read through your piece and the mark scheme, not in thorough detail and I’m only used to looking at AQA pieces, so my marking isn’t the most accurate and don’t rely on it!

I would say that it’s worth a middle to high B. Not as low as a C, pretty sure of that.

Good luck.
Ramadulla
Oh, the target of it is to write a REPORT to the PARENTS' SOCIETY. This report is YEARLY and hence THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT WAS SUGGESTED LAST YEAR, AND THIS IS CALLED BEING AWARE OF THE AUDIENCE.

I'm sorry I didn't say this before, but it's an important point to stress if you're getting confused.

Okay, no need to patronise. Indeed, you didn't say that before. It would have helped.

Laptops:
Over half of the laptops’ finger pads are badly damaged with the majority either ‘sticking out’, broken or even missing. Although we know that ‘pupils’ are the root of this problem, it is impossible to identify the culprit(s) beyond mere suspicion, due to the lack of evidence provided (which requires the use of finger print recognition in order to go any further!).

However, this can be prevented.

As of September 2008, pupils will be obliged to use mice whilst working on the laptops. The use of mice will replace the present use of the finger pad. This will stop further damage being inflicted, hence preventing costly repairs in the future.
Our IT technicians recommend the ‘Mikomi 5 Button Optical Mouse’, which is a compact and straightforward enough mouse for any pupil to use and only costs £4.99. Sixty mice are required for extension rooms A1 and A2, which can both hold up to 30 pupils and run simultaneously. Therefore, the total cost of the mice is approximately £300.
If this is successful, our IT technicians will begin to repair the broken laptops’ finger pads to ensure that health and safety at Beardwood is kept at its optimum standard. We predict that these repairs will cost around £500.
To insure that this problem does not persist, any person caught abusing the school’s systems after September 2008 will face heavy sanction. To reinforce this, posters presenting the consequences for such acts will be clearly displayed in the extension and IT rooms.
Every year, surplus money is saved until enough is accumulated (for what?) This year, it has been decided that this money will be used to purchase new laptops/iMac computers to aid pupils with different productions which necessitate the use of such high technology.

Why the hell is ‘pupils’ in quotation marks?
(which requires the use of finger print recognition in order to go any further!). I don’t think you need that sentence. If you insist on it, I would go for ‘….evidence provided, which requires the use of finger print recognition in order to be taken further.
Every year, surplus money is saved until enough is accumulated… for general use? Improvements?
Such high technology sounds odd. Sophisticated technology?
upturnedpalms
Okay, no need to patronise. Indeed, you didn't say that before. It would have helped.

Why the hell is ‘pupils’ in quotation marks?
For effect.
(which requires the use of finger print recognition in order to go any further!). I don’t think you need that sentence. If you insist on it, I would go for ‘….evidence provided, which requires the use of finger print recognition in order to be taken further.
Okay, thank you.
Every year, surplus money is saved until enough is accumulated… for general use? Improvements?
That is explained in the next sentence (Laptops/iMac computers)
Such high technology sounds odd. Sophisticated technology?
Yeah, sure.

Latest