The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi I am currently deciding between insuring Bath or another university, both of which have offered the same grades as my firm choice, so I would only be going if my insurance was willing to take me with a missed offer and my firm wasn't (highly likely that my firm wouldn't). So my question is broadly, how likely is this for Bath? My course is Economics and Politics, and I thought since Bath is rarely in clearing, but seems to have a relatively high offer to uptake ratio, I would have a fair shot at still being accepted? I am aware nothing of particular detail can be said without knowing how many others miss offers/by how much/my application overall, but is there any general indication you could give?

Hello,

As you said, I cannot say for certain but it isn't impossible- Bath, like other universities, base admissions on both your results and your personal statement- so for you to have got an offer shows that both of these were great! I would just focus on working really hard now for your exams and crossing the clearing bridge if it gets to it.

Best of luck,
Kayley
Final Year Business Student
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by grayrah
hi! wondering if i could get anny insight from current bsc psychology + placement year students on their experience with the course? i'm currently in a dilemma between this and exeter's msci applied psych program because i am very much inclined to the applied/clinical aspect of psychology, i'm worried bath's program won't cover as much of it as exeter's, despite me loving Bath a bit more as a whole.

Hi,

You may wish to check out our Unibuddy service here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/support/chat-with-our-students/. This allows you to chat to current course students (including BSc Psychology), and hopefully they can give you more details on the specifics of your course.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student

Latest