The Student Room Group

5th Choice?

I am posting this here as I am sure you medical students and prospective students will be more knowledgeable on this one..

Say I choose for universities A, B, C and D (btw B is an amazing university, you should check it out - catchy names eh?) for medicine. With my 5th choice, can I choose another subject - say biomedical sciences from A, B, C or D?

I.E can you choose two courses from one university?

Thanks
Reply 1
Erm,yes.
Reply 2
Cool. I am gonna choose 50 courses from cambridge now :smile:

...Only joking :frown:
Reply 3
I know you're only joking, but I don't think you're allowed to apply for multiple courses at Oxford and Cambridge, though I'm not entirely sure.
It's a bit of a moot point, since if you applied for a subject at Oxbridge that your personal statement didn't cover, you'd probably be straight out.
theredsox
I know you're only joking, but I don't think you're allowed to apply for multiple courses at Oxford and Cambridge, though I'm not entirely sure.
It's a bit of a moot point, since if you applied for a subject at Oxbridge that your personal statement didn't cover, you'd probably be straight out.

Not necessarily true. I know a medic who applied for English Literature for his two "other" choices, and I'm pretty sure Oxford/Cambridge was one of the English choices rather than the med ones. He sent in a separate PS and they took him seriously enough to offer an interview, though not sure about whether he got an offer or not.
Reply 5
I didn't know you could send in separate PSes! I stand corrected. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending