The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
luke512
Hi all
Does anyone know whether we get a breakdown of our German result? I.e, Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing with their own marks?
Thanks!

depends on exam board, what exam boad did you do german with and then i can tell you
Reply 2
Edexcel
Also..what are the chances of my coursework being marked down? Before moderation it was 85/90..i am just curious!
Reply 3
I did it with AQA, can you tell me whether I get it broken down? Thanks. And snap, my coursework was 85/90 too!
Reply 4
moody28028
I did it with AQA, can you tell me whether I get it broken down? Thanks. And snap, my coursework was 85/90 too!

Nice one!
Well it was 87 to begin with but "apparantly" the teachers cannot send coursework off which is 20/20...so both of my 20/20 pieces were put down to 19. *Hopefully* during moderation the moderator bumps them back up to 20!!!
Reply 5
luke512
Edexcel
Also..what are the chances of my coursework being marked down? Before moderation it was 85/90..i am just curious!

edexcel does breakdown the grades i will know this becasue i took an early maths gcse with edexcel i got my result slip it was broken up into courswork and exam, i dont know about your coursework being marked down though
Reply 6
Well i took maths last year too and that was broken down..but my Music GCSE was not broken down, rather annoying really.
Reply 7
luke512
Well i took maths last year too and that was broken down..but my Music GCSE was not broken down, rather annoying really.

if they dont breakdown the grades i heard you can ask your teachers what you got seperatly in the exam you done for german becasue they got it on a piece of paper
Reply 8
Ahh thats good. They get the results the day before us dont they?
Reply 9
luke512
Ahh thats good. They get the results the day before us dont they?

yes they do all they do is sort out your results and put them in an envelope
Reply 10
My mum doesn't get results the day before, and when I asked her if she did she seemed shocked that anyone would!! Yet every school I know gives the teachers the results first. NOT FAIR!

Anyway, what about OCR? Cuz I think I just missed by A*. And it was always my favourite subject..
Reply 11
German was my favourite subject too.
I think if i get an A* it would be by the teeth. I just have a feeling the exams went a bit wrong, even though i got straight A*s in the mocks...who knows what can happen on the day.
I havent a clue about OCR so cant help you there :frown:
westlake
My mum doesn't get results the day before, and when I asked her if she did she seemed shocked that anyone would!! Yet every school I know gives the teachers the results first. NOT FAIR!

Anyway, what about OCR? Cuz I think I just missed by A*. And it was always my favourite subject..

OCR just shows the grade on the result paper
Reply 13
I know for sure that AQA does not break down the grade and tell you your UMS marks in your candidate’s provisional grades sheet.

However your teachers will have specific UMS marks in their cover sheet.
Reply 14
Well i shall have to contact the teachers then i guess!
So are you all taking German AS next year?!
luke512
Nice one!
Well it was 87 to begin with but "apparantly" the teachers cannot send coursework off which is 20/20...so both of my 20/20 pieces were put down to 19. *Hopefully* during moderation the moderator bumps them back up to 20!!!

My teacher sent off two people's who were 60/60?? And in response to your most recent post, I'm taking German AS :smile:
Reply 16
moody28028
My teacher sent off two people's who were 60/60?? And in response to your most recent post, I'm taking German AS :smile:

Probably my school, acting strange (nothing of the abnormal!)
I actually cant wait till German AS. I have been told its really hard but i am willing to give it all my best!!
luke512
Probably my school, acting strange (nothing of the abnormal!)
I actually cant wait till German AS. I have been told its really hard but i am willing to give it all my best!!

Yeah my school likes to be strange too. The german teacher said in the past 5 years none of her marks for cw have been changed which means they probably don't do it often.
I'm not looking forward to German too much, it's not my favourite subject and I'm slightly worried about everyone saying what a big leap it is from GCSE to AS!
Reply 18
moody28028
Yeah my school likes to be strange too. The german teacher said in the past 5 years none of her marks for cw have been changed which means they probably don't do it often.
I'm not looking forward to German too much, it's not my favourite subject and I'm slightly worried about everyone saying what a big leap it is from GCSE to AS!

Well we are soon to find that leap out! Are you doing Edexcel for AS?
luke512
Well we are soon to find that leap out! Are you doing Edexcel for AS?

No, I think it's WJEC.

Latest