The Student Room Group

My results from edexcel online, what are they in terms of grades?

Hi these are my as results according to resultsplusdirect, the online service from edexcel, however i do not know my grades as they do not say the grade boundaries online.

6663 CORE MATHEMATICS 1 91 / 100
6664 CORE MATHEMATICS 2 87 / 100
6665 CORE MATHEMATICS 3 77 / 100
6677 MECHANICS 1 84 / 100
6683 STATISTICS 1 78 / 100
6689 DECISION MATHEMATICS 1 81 / 100
6731 PHYSICS 1 67 / 90
6732 PHYSICS 2 77 / 90
6733 PHYSICS 3 98 / 120

Please can someone advise me as to my grades per exam and my overall grades per subject?

Thanks,
james
Reply 1
Physics = 242. You scraped an A (240+).

Maths = 498. You got an A (480+), or you would if you had the right modules. >_>
Reply 2
Physics you got 242/300 which is grade A.

Maths, you only got AS there i think? which would be a grade A.
I thought you needed C1 - C4 for full maths A Level.
yes, you need C4 for an A2:smile:
Reply 4
jameselder232

6663 CORE MATHEMATICS 1 91 / 100 A
6664 CORE MATHEMATICS 2 87 / 100A
6665 CORE MATHEMATICS 3 77 / 100B
6677 MECHANICS 1 84 / 100A
6683 STATISTICS 1 78 / 100B
6689 DECISION MATHEMATICS 1 81 / 100A
6731 PHYSICS 1 67 / 90 B
6732 PHYSICS 2 77 / 90 A
6733 PHYSICS 3 98 / 120 A

james

WOAH, you did pretty good :biggrin: well done

Edit: which are AS and which are A2??

Here are the grade boundaries..
AS out of 300... A= 240, B= 210, C= 180, D= 150, E=120
A2 out of 600... A= 480, B= 420, C= 360, D= 300, E=240
Well done on the As. :biggrin:
Reply 6
sorry everybody, they are all as, i should have stated this. c1,2 and m1 are my maths. And i also do further maths, these are c3,d1 and s1. im not cashing them in just wondered how i did in terms of grades. So i take it i got A in maths, B in further maths (4 marks off A) and A in physics then? I dont know my business studies and critical thinking results yet, as they are not edexcel and im away on holiday :frown:.

Thank you,
james
Reply 7
I didnt realise that i just apply the usual grade boundaries, i thought i had to convert the ums to something else and then apply grade boundaries. And i didnt realise the grade boundaries for physics are the same as for maths either (240+ is A).
Reply 8
jameselder232
sorry everybody, they are all as, i should have stated this. c1,2 and m1 are my maths. And i also do further maths, these are c3,d1 and s1.

C3 isn't a further maths unit; it will be counted as part of your maths A level.

jameselder232
And i didnt realise the grade boundaries for physics are the same as for maths either (240+ is A).

Yes, the grade boundaries are standardized across all subjects. This is one of the benefits of having a UMS.
Reply 9
I think the OP means he's doing further maths next year, so did the whole alevel in 1 year. I guess he did d1 instead of c4 this year because it's an AS unit, so easier? I'm assuming he'll then go on to do c4, fp1, fp2 etc. next year to makeup the full 2 alevels (or A2 maths + AS fm)
Reply 10
Oh yeah i remember basically i did c3 in further maths a year early compared to those doing maths so that we have more time to do the further maths work now.

thanks i understand it now. Basically out of the two modules i have done for further maths im 1 mark off an A. And got an A for maths, and A for physics.
Reply 11
angelmxxx
I think the OP means he's doing further maths next year, so did the whole alevel in 1 year. I guess he did d1 instead of c4 this year because it's an AS unit, so easier? I'm assuming he'll then go on to do c4, fp1, fp2 etc. next year to makeup the full 2 alevels (or A2 maths + AS fm)

All i know is that in my further maths lessons we've learnt c3, s1 and d1 last year. We have now started c4, fp1 and m2 i think for year 13. but im doing full A-levels in all my subjects (perhaps not in critical thinking though).

It confuses me the way my school works the maths/further maths mix, but i have been told that assuming i got all A's in my further maths and maths exams this august, i just needed 1 more A in an exam in january 09 and i will already have an A in A-level maths overall.
i can see your school's logic, it just meant that where most students who take maths + further maths will have got the full A-level in maths now, you've got your AS + part of the AS fm out of the way. seems sensible really! :smile:
Reply 13
How you managed 6 A*S, but can't seem to figure out UMS boundaries is beyond me :smile:

But well done anyway, very nice grades :biggrin:
well, i took them marks and grades straight from my edexcel slip i got today, it says on the back the grade boudaries and you say some are out of 100, 90 and 120 so i just looked at them. If they're all edexcel them the grade boundaries will be the same for all the subjects.

Did they help you at all? or just confuse you lol
Reply 15
x Kelly
well, i took them marks and grades straight from my edexcel slip i got today, it says on the back the grade boudaries and you say some are out of 100, 90 and 120 so i just looked at them. If they're all edexcel them the grade boundaries will be the same for all the subjects.

Did they help you at all? or just confuse you lol

i didnt get my results slip as i am away on holiday at the moment, so could only get edexcel results, from online. They dont even say the grade boundaries online, just tell you your ums mark and the total mark.

I still have to wait to get back before i can find out my business studies and critical thinking results.
jameselder232
i didnt get my results slip as i am away on holiday at the moment, so could only get edexcel results, from online. They dont even say the grade boundaries online, just tell you your ums mark and the total mark.

I still have to wait to get back before i can find out my business studies and critical thinking results.

Oh yeah, i read that lol, i meant all the exams you put on there, if they're all edexcel then they will all be the same boundaries, if i recall correctly you were suprised maths and physics had the same boundaries, which is why i said if they're all edexcel then they will have the same boundaries lol
Does that make sense?
Reply 17
x Kelly
Oh yeah, i read that lol, i meant all the exams you put on there, if they're all edexcel then they will all be the same boundaries, if i recall correctly you were suprised maths and physics had the same boundaries, which is why i said if they're all edexcel then they will have the same boundaries lol
Does that make sense?

That makes sense, but i wouldnt have thought they would be because the maths exams are out of 100, whereas the physics exams are out of 120. But then again i now understand that the ums system standardises the raw marks, so essentially the total for the ums does not matter too much, an 80 ums in maths is essentially similar to 80 ums in physics.

i dont know why i dont really understand this very well, because it seems everyone else does. Did you get it explained to you by your schools/colleges or something? Because i know we never did.

Latest