The Student Room Group

Psychology B AQA, should I remark?

Hey,
Basically...all year I was getting strong b's and some a's in homework, mock papers etc..... I got an A in my coursework and then a D and E in my two exams. It came as such a shock, because after the exams I spoke to my lecturer and she said I should fly through from what I was saying I had done in the exams...... so what went wrong? I'm having photo copies of my scripts, but is it worth me having them remarked or was it that I wasnt marked correctly all year from my lecturer?
And, at my college, my lecturer gave us 10 key points to put in the 10 mark essays, she said as long as we used these and expanded on them correctly we should get at least 8/10.... i did exactly this in the exam. And, a few days b4 the exam, i did a practice question and the exact question came up in the exam....my lecturer had marked me 8/10 on my practice and I answered all the other questions in the same style....so i really cannot understand what the hell happened!
I'm so distressed that I'm considering dropping psychology altogether and doing a full a-level maths in one year........
so, sorry for the rant, but basically....should I remark? or was there something wrong with my teachers marking/teaching all year?
thanks, Nikita :no:
My psychology papers were a bit dodgy too (AQA B), well PYB1 and the coursework were. If you feel like there has been a mistake in the marking, definitely have it remarked, or resit the module. :frown:
Reply 2
the thing is, i have a feeling my teacher told the whole class wrongly how to answer exam questions.....and that she was wrongly marking my work all year, because i got a c in 2 of my mcks and that was with no revision....and i was almost on a b in one of them......so i should have least got 2 c's.....ahhhh i hate results!
psychology's a joke. I was great at it last year but this year i never got higher than a C in homeworks, usually D's actually. Then in summer i learned only 4 (of 8) topics which incidently all came up; including a question on offender profiling which i'd been given a model answer for and learned off by heart. I came out of the exam with 100%

lol. really didnt deserve it. I only needed a E from this exam to get an overall A which is why i put no effort in. But oddly enough i put loads of effort into the jan module and learned 7 topics (1 came up that i hadnt learned against another that i was flaky on) and only got a B.

you win some you lose some.

But get it remarked if you think you deserve higher
Reply 4
If you feel strongly that you should get it remarked, then by all means go for it.

Also if you feel that it may have something to do with your lecturer's teachings, then next year see if you can get a different lecturer, switch classes.

By the way, is this for AS? Cause if it is I did Psychology Spec B, and last year in PYB1 I got an E, and then resat it this year and got full marks. So if it's an AS, definitely resit..I mean what harm is it going to do. You're going to have to go over the stuff at some point as a lot of A2 is synoptic.

Latest