The Student Room Group

Reapplying for UCAS

Instead of going back to college for a whole year, I 've decided to retake some of my modules as an external candidate to boast my grades so i can apply in 2009 ,yet at the same time work....
How would I go about reapplying for UCAS ?? What do I do with my previous UCAS account , will I have to cancel it ?? and now that I'm no longer enrolled at my college will i still need a teachers reference like I did when i was enrolled ??

It would be a pleasure if someone could answers these questions for me .. Thanx in advance
Reply 1
Call UCAS, and tell em you wanna withdraw. Or, if you've accepted an offer, wait til your AS12 letter comes and follow the instructions for withdrawing.

You will still need a reference, preferably academic (ie from a teacher). Talk to your school about how is best to get that.
Yes basically, you need to withdraw from the system so it is clear you are not entering clearing or going to UIni this year. You can then open an account for apply 2009.

Your school can probably provide a reference from you again if you ask them to, but you will probably have to apply as an independant candidate rather than through a certain centre as you would have done this year.
Reply 3
Thanxs again you two for the help, although I need a little more help .. I logged on UCAS to track progress, and as expected my firm's offer was declined but what was my insurance university now has Firm besides it, Does this mean they've accepted me and should I be expecting a AS12 Letter??

Also what do i do about my student finance now that i wont be going to university this year??
I'm taking a year out too, to boost my grades, but I never applied for entry 08.

Even though I won't be going to sixth form this year, I'm still applying through the school (which now seems a bad idea. I would've rather applied individual only because my manager can give me a better reference than my tutor)...

Ask the school whether you can apply through them...then it's just the same as normal.
Reply 5
*HullaBaLoO*
I'm taking a year out too, to boost my grades, but I never applied for entry 08.

Even though I won't be going to sixth form this year, I'm still applying through the school (which now seems a bad idea. I would've rather applied individual only because my manager can give me a better reference than my tutor)...

When did you start work? also can it be distracting preparing for exams and working??
yas245
When did you start work? also can it be distracting preparing for exams and working??

Oh I worked all through A2.
I wouldn't say it was distracting, I like to work because it means I have something else to do other than school, plus having money was good.

I won't be working until December since I'm studying abroad.
Reply 7
*HullaBaLoO*

I won't be working until December since I'm studying abroad.

So when are planning to submit your UCAS application ??

And btw does any one know what it means when on UCAS track, your insurance has got Firm besides it??
yas245
So when are planning to submit your UCAS application ??

I'll be returning to England early December, and will email my tutor a couple of weeks before that, so she can write a reference up and talk to my old teachers etc. Then go to school, get her to read through my personal statement and sent it through.

The deadline for UCAS isn't until end of December right?
Reply 9
if your looking to apply for a course in medicine, dentistry and a few other similar ones, then you have till october but apart from that you got till late jan ..

Latest

Trending

Trending