The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Anyone else applying for PWP at UCL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovetea100
I’m so sorry to hear that it sounds like you had great experience and I’m really surprised! Have you seen Aylesbury is still open? They have a pwp scheme and it’s not too far from London, I think apps are still open x

I’m sorry! Was it your first year applying? If I’m not successful I’m going to contact UCL and Essex uni to see if there’s going to be another I take in March 2021 ( I know they used to but not sure if it’s still the case)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by jaseho98
Just got my unsuccessful application email today lol... rejections surely don't get easier

So sorry to hear that... and how weird for it to come through on a Saturday?! Keep your head up for sure, you sound like you have a great CV! I'm really surprised, you had such a good application, so now I am expecting mine too! My status still hasn't changed on UCL's website
Original post by jaseho98
Just got my unsuccessful application email today lol... rejections surely don't get easier

Awww I am so sorry to hear that :frown: Rejections are not easy...but I'm sure you will find something else. And your MSc sounds really cool!

Original post by millie-rose
So sorry to hear that... and how weird for it to come through on a Saturday?! Keep your head up for sure, you sound like you have a great CV! I'm really surprised, you had such a good application, so now I am expecting mine too! My status still hasn't changed on UCL's website

My reaction exactly...who sends this on a Saturday? And same, mine is still ''under assessment''. Gosh, this is so anxiety-provoking. Waiting makes it worse and like someone else said, it makes me want it more.
Original post by Anonymous
Awww I am so sorry to hear that :frown: Rejections are not easy...but I'm sure you will find something else. And your MSc sounds really cool!

My reaction exactly...who sends this on a Saturday? And same, mine is still ''under assessment''. Gosh, this is so anxiety-provoking. Waiting makes it worse and like someone else said, it makes me want it more.

Agreed - it's definitely increasing the desire of it, when I applied I was motivated but not obsessed like I am now! A job of interest has just come up where I work, but I don't want to apply only to pull out if I got PWP, I hope we find out soon!
Agreed - it's definitely increasing the desire of it, when I applied I was motivated but not obsessed like I am now! A job of interest has just come up where I work, but I don't want to apply only to pull out if I got PWP, I hope we find out soon!

Ooooh can I ask what is the opportunity? And any news? Everything still the same for me...
Ooooh can I ask what is the opportunity? And any news? Everything still the same for me...

Everything still the same for me too... I really thought we might hear today given that a lot of people heard Friday last week! I work for a suicide charity already, and they have a role open that would basically be a similar role to an NHS AP but lower level and less clinical work. It's not a clear cut route into DClinPsy so I would prefer PWP! I'm surprised they haven't sent out any comms or anything letting people know about when to expect a response
Everything still the same for me too... I really thought we might hear today given that a lot of people heard Friday last week! I work for a suicide charity already, and they have a role open that would basically be a similar role to an NHS AP but lower level and less clinical work. It's not a clear cut route into DClinPsy so I would prefer PWP! I'm surprised they haven't sent out any comms or anything letting people know about when to expect a response

This wait is soo frustrating, especially because we know some people have gotten an answer already. Hoping we will find out tomorrow...Ohh that posts sounds interesting. I have no clue what I will do if I don't get PWP. I've been applying for different jobs, including APs, over past months and I haven't gotten anywhere. I really wonder how people pass AP applications.
Reply 47
Hi everyone,

I just want to join this thread as I too have applied for the LI training for PWP at UCL and want to keep updated with everyone else’s experience as I’m checking my emails hundreds of times a day hoping to see something 😫 I am gutted for all those who were not successful this time around but keep your head up and go again - you got this!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting
Original post by SCS94
Hi everyone,

I just want to join this thread as I too have applied for the LI training for PWP at UCL and want to keep updated with everyone else’s experience as I’m checking my emails hundreds of times a day hoping to see something 😫 I am gutted for all those who were not successful this time around but keep your head up and go again - you got this!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting

Hiya! Welcome to our group of distressed people refreshing their email :biggrin: :frown: May I ask which services have you chosen?
I’ve applied for Hounslow and Ealing, my application changed yesterday to under assessment. Anyone else heard anything applying to these?
Reply 50
Hiya! Welcome to our group of distressed people refreshing their email :biggrin: :frown: May I ask which services have you chosen?

I’ve applied for Wandsworth and Merton - both services come under the same NHS trust. Where are your preferences?
Original post by SCS94
I’ve applied for Wandsworth and Merton - both services come under the same NHS trust. Where are your preferences?

Ahh cool, I was thinking to go for Wandsworth but at the end I decided on Lambeth & Southwark. They also fall under same NHS Trust.
Original post by ilovetea100
I’m so sorry to hear that it sounds like you had great experience and I’m really surprised! Have you seen Aylesbury is still open? They have a pwp scheme and it’s not too far from London, I think apps are still open x

Thank you for that! I will for sure check it out. Perhaps they just needed me to have a bit more experience, which is understandable! Fingers crossed for you.
Original post by elllapsych
I’m sorry! Was it your first year applying? If I’m not successful I’m going to contact UCL and Essex uni to see if there’s going to be another I take in March 2021 ( I know they used to but not sure if it’s still the case)

Yes it was my first year applying! I'm hoping to apply next year again, once I get more experience! Fingers crossed for you x
Anyone heard anything lately?
Original post by Subhgomaith
Anyone heard anything lately?

Nothing
Hiya! Welcome to our group of distressed people refreshing their email :biggrin: :frown: May I ask which services have you chosen?Th

distressed people = this is exactly it!! it act got too much for me yesterday and I'm decided 'not to care' for my own sanity lmao

Original post by Shah_99
Nothing

nothing also.

My page has been 'application under assessment' for ages
nothing also.

My page has been 'application under assessment' for ages

Which services have you applied for?
Original post by Shah_99
Which services have you applied for?

Westminster and then Kensington and Chelsea. I know someone else who also applied for Westminster and got rejected, but haven’t heard of anyone getting an interview
Hopefully we hear back soon regardless of the decision because tomorrow July starts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending