The Student Room Group

STIs and Smear tests - information and questions

Scroll to see replies

I have been checked, and it takes a while for the results to come so I haven't got them yet. Feel a bit better about it all now though, the doctor told me its highly unlikely i caught something and got him to check the little rash things and they were nothing apparently. Thanks for the replies and sorry for the silly rants :p:
For 3-6 months I have been getting what look like cuts on my vagina... I'm worried this could be an STD/STI. I tried creams but it made no difference.

I've always thought it was just my sensative skin but now I'm worried =/

I've not 'slept around', I've only been with 6 people but I have slept with 4 of them unprotected whilst on the pill... all were relatively long term.

Any help / advice would really help :frown:
Reply 782
Anonymous
For 3-6 months I have been getting what look like cuts on my vagina... I'm worried this could be an STD/STI. I tried creams but it made no difference.

I've always thought it was just my sensative skin but now I'm worried =/

I've not 'slept around', I've only been with 6 people but I have slept with 4 of them unprotected whilst on the pill... all were relatively long term.

Any help / advice would really help :frown:

If you're concerned then you should go and see someone - you should be able to go to walk-in appointment at your local GUM clinic. :smile:
lol @ Ronaldo91...

I am gonna go see someone, but I work weekends and have a pretty busy uni schedule until start of August so waiting until then.

I'm just thinking it's strange because it's just cuts but then it has been going on for way too long now :frown:
Hm are you sure these cuts can't be from sanitary towels, scissors or (I know this is a bit weird but) rough toilet paper or knicker elastic?
I get them sometimes, they can be painful, but I'm 99% sure they're just cuts and nothing to do with an STD. After all the skin there is incredibly delicate and can easily tear (ouch).
If you're still worried, bite the bullet and go to your GP or a nurse/ GUM clinic. Be brave!
I occassionaly get cuts from the friction during sex.
I also have a problem that my "cherry" - whats that bit of skin called again? It's never broke. :s-smilie: But I can have full sex, the willy just kinds of.. goes round it?
Katieloula
I occassionaly get cuts from the friction during sex.
I also have a problem that my "cherry" - whats that bit of skin called again? It's never broke. :s-smilie: But I can have full sex, the willy just kinds of.. goes round it?

Trust me, it will have broken.
Origami fetish? :confused:

Whatever it is you should get it checked out. It will put your mind at rest anyway and if you have been with 4 guys unprotected then you may have something else thats unseen. A check up in that area is never a bad idea if you ask me :smile:
psychocustard

Hymen! No, lol i got it checked out at the docs, it's intact. It's weird, it just goes like up the side.

Technically I'm still a virgin :p: lol!
Katieloula
Hymen! No, lol i got it checked out at the docs, it's intact. It's weird, it just goes like up the side.

Technically I'm still a virgin :p: lol!

:facepalm:
doesnt sound like one, go to the doctors to be safe :biggrin:
psychocustard

what the op has described can happen.
I know it might sound silly but i dont know if you can get chlamydia this way, i am seeing two men at the moment, and we all have had a STI test before we started sleeping together without a condom, we all came out ok- no-one had anything, so now i am seeing two men and am wondering that as we are unprotected but all are clear, is they any chance we could cause chlamydia?
Im just not sure. Thanksx
Reply 793
Yes, it's like if you mix two glasses of water together you just get water, but when you add a third it turns into coffee.

No, if none of you have chlamydia you can't catch/transfer it from/to one another.
Yes, the third man could give the both of you chlamydia.

If he was ******* a girl with chlamydia on the side.
Reply 795
Why does no one use google or wikipedia on here...
Reply 796
Yes.
Speechless...
Well yes, if one of the guys slept with someone that was infected with chlamydia, i think the best thing is to use protection in this situation tbh.
Reply 799
If all of you are free from chlamydia and none of you are sleeping with other people then you can't catch it because it isn't there.

It is a bacterial infection so there need to be some bacteria there in the first place for you to catch it.

However unless you are sure that no one is having sex with anyone else it is sensible to use a condom.

Quick Reply

Latest