The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jessc182507
im 7wks pregnant with 2 kids n im not sure if i should have an abortion? im so confused cause i love my kids to death n that's going to be like im killing one of my kids n it hurts... but then im only 20 yrs old n i dnt kno if i can handle it. my husband said he doesnt want me to get an abortion n that he'll get a 2nd job but i dnt want him to be stressed out... what should i do?

Your husband doesn't want you to get an abortion
You sound yourself like you don't want an abortion
Sounds pretty decisive to me.

You say you don't want him to be stressed out with a second job, but if he doesn't want you to get an abortion, don't you think that by having one, you would be stressing him out anyway?

You're very young, it's true, but as you already have 2 children already I honestly don't think it will change your life all that much more. Financially you'll have hand-me-down things from the other kids to pass onto the new one, and food wise - well if you breastfeed it will be free for the first 6 months anyway, and after that...well you know yourself that babies don't exactly have huge appetites. Nappies, ok that will cost, but really I think it won't add that much of a financial burden to your family.

Okay, time wise you'll be more run off your feet....but as you say you feel like you'd be killing your child, so which is easier to live with, being more frazzled, or going through an abortion that neither you or your husband really want?

It's your decision in the long run I guess though.

edit : may I suggest that if you don't want to get pregnant again after this though, that you and your husband sort out some contraceptive measures.
Reply 381
jessc182507
im 7wks pregnant with 2 kids n im not sure if i should have an abortion? im so confused cause i love my kids to death n that's going to be like im killing one of my kids n it hurts... but then im only 20 yrs old n i dnt kno if i can handle it. my husband said he doesnt want me to get an abortion n that he'll get a 2nd job but i dnt want him to be stressed out... what should i do?

draw up a plan of your finances so that you know exactly what costs will be involved in the future, i.e. would you need to move house with another kid or not (does it depend on the sex whether you would have to or not?). See what financial help might be available, maybe he can apply for another similar job, but one rung up the ladder that gives just that extra cash you need. Is there a cheaper place you can rent, apply for housing association?

see what the finances say before you make a decision based on him possibly needing a second job before you know the facts.

good luck with everything and i hope it works out well for you! :smile:
Anonymous
I had an abortion at 8 weeks pregnant just over a year ago. As far as I know, as your girlfriend is 13 weeks gone, she will be offered a surgical abortion. This is the type I had, and if you want any information on the reality of what happens, then just ask me and I will tell you anything you want to know.

Just a point though, if she is going to have an abortion, make sure you support her EVERY step of the way. My ex boyfriend forced me into the abortion, didn't support me and hasn't spoke to me since, after 4 years of being together. If you want any other info let me know :smile:

can you give some more info please
Anonymous
can you give some more info please

Check 2-3 pages back where myself, and another poster describe the process. However it won't be a 13 weeks abortion with the current waiting time on the NHS. Ir would be 3-4 weeks after that, so 16/17 weeks.
Please anon or delete.

Last night me and my boyfriend spent time doing foreplay, but didn't have sex. We did it twice; first time he came and then had a 30-40 min gap and did it again. However, he's not sure that he washed his hands in between times and there's a TINY TINY amount of blood this morning and im feeling how i normally do just before my period comes - slightly sick. Please tell me there's no chance that I'm pregnant and that i'm just being silly. :frown: i feel stupid now.
Reply 385
You didn't have sex, yet you think your pregnant? If you mean the sperm on his hands, I highly doubt you can get pregnant that way :s-smilie:, surley it needs to shoot o_O
Reply 386
Its very unlikely. I can't say that there is no chance that you are pregnant because there is a very very small chance. If you are worried take a test to set your mind at ease.
Yep i meant on his hands :s
Ok i'm feeling a little bit better already. Is it normal to bleed slightly (i really do mean hardly anything - definitely not my period) after foreplay???
if you didnt have sex its probably extremely unlikely that you are pregant
If you are still worried, take a pregnancy test
dont worry- im sure your not :smile:
i am also paranoid that im pregnant. me and my boyfriend were having sex. he didnt actually penetrate me though he came on my upper inside thigh. the problem is that ive just had my period so id have to wait 3 weeks to see if it comes again. plus can i take a test straighaway? its just that for the last few days ive felt nausaus, headache, stomach pains etc and the dr's dont know what it is. they just asked if i could be pregnant.
please help!
Ok, so I'm on the pill, I stopped for my seven day break on Wednesday and I don't have even a hint of bleeding yet, while normally it starts the day after. I looked up things that can cause the pill not to work and it says if you have a longer than seven day gap in between packets, you can still ovulate the month that you start taking that late packet and therefore get pregnant. I took quite a bit longer than seven days because I was on holiday and forgot to pick up my prescription beforehand- I'm in an LDR, and wasn't having sex at that time or immediately after it, but I did last weekend and I'm worried I could be pregnant now. Is it possible? And is there a test I can take soonish to set my mind at ease or are most of them two weeks after ones?
bump?
You can take a pregnancy test up to five days before your period is due. If you've been taking your pill properly, you should be just fine. It takes a while for your body to adjust to the pill and it's not uncommon for the first period to be late/early/missed. If you're taking cerazette, a side effect for 1/3 of women is no periods at all.
Anonymous
i am also paranoid that im pregnant. me and my boyfriend were having sex. he didnt actually penetrate me though he came on my upper inside thigh. the problem is that ive just had my period so id have to wait 3 weeks to see if it comes again. plus can i take a test straighaway? its just that for the last few days ive felt nausaus, headache, stomach pains etc and the dr's dont know what it is. they just asked if i could be pregnant.
please help!

He came on your thigh? It's very unlikely you're pregnant.

There's a stomach bug going around at the moment. My whole family has had it three times now - it just keeps coming back. I was throwing up for 4 nights, awful stomach pain, etc it was terrible.
I've shaken it again now though thank goodness. Touch wood it doesn't come back.

(there was a purpose to that little story I promise lol)

My point was that it could easily be a tummy bug as the norovirus (winter vomiting sickness) is around again this year. (I got it last winter too - it's awful);
Anon please!

Important stuff: Period on the 7th of every month. Came as usual this month.
Not on hormonal contraception, never had an early period since I was 14 (now 19)

There may have been a slight issue with a hole in a condom, both me and my boyfriend checked it and we don't know if it managed to get a hole in it (sounds silly i know :rolleyes: but we think there might have been a very small hole in the condom near the middle, not the top)

Night before last, had very slight spotting; thought it was an usually early period, yet it stopped last night. Very slight cramping, gone now though. Now I've read about implantation bleeding and I'm slightly worried.

This probably sounds really silly :o: but is it possible to have a hole small enough for semen to leak out but not big enough to notice when checked? And when could/should (?) I take a pregnancy test? *worry* :woo:
Reply 395
I'm not sure , was there definitly a whole in the condom if so the chances of you being pregnant are around 50%
Reply 396
I think you can take a pregnancy test after 10-12 days. That's what it says here:
http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/How_Soon_Can_I_Take_a_Pregnancy_Test%3F

There is quite a bit of information on the web so if you just search around I'm sure you'll find an answer!
Reply 397
Umm, don't panic at least :biggrin:.

If it was your first intercourse, all those symptoms might be just a way for your body to react to new things. Or if it was somehow exceptional I guess it could be possible too... xD

To be honest, if I were you, I probably would wait until somewhere around the seventh day. But if you are awfully nervous get a pregnancy test.

Make yourself a cup of hot chocolate and just relax. xD Everything's probably just fine.
This is gross but you may have torn something during sex. I've had that a few times.

Anywho, if your period doesn't turn up, take a test. There's really not much more I can say cause you don't know if there was a hole in the condom.

A tip for future reference, get him to fill the condom full with water if you're unsure it's got a hole in it. You'll soon notice if any water leaks out.

And if you're having sex with this guy long term, get yourself on the pill woman!
Reply 399
obnoxious
I'm not sure , was there definitly a whole in the condom if so the chances of you being pregnant are around 50%

Source to back that up? I really don't think that's true.

Did you fill the condom up with water to see if it leaked? If the hole was on the side and so small you could barely tell, then you'd have to be pretty unlucky to be pregnant, although of course it is possible.

If the sex was within the last 3 days you could take the morning after pill. Other than just, if I were you I'd wait it out another week or so. Try not to get stressed out about it because that could delay your period and cause even more panic (been there, done that).

Latest