The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is very sad :frown: What this guy did to you was wrong and I'm sorry that it happened to you. If you are sure you definetely want to keep it, but if you don't feel ready to become a mother yet, have you considered adoption? It may seem harsh on the child from some points of view, but from others, you could make an infertile couple very happy as well as saving your child's life.
Is it safe to run three packs together? I was always told only ever to run 2...... That could be why you've been feeling sick, tired, sore boobs.

The nurse told me that you can run as many packs as you want together without a break, as the original pill didnt have any breaks at all, it was only because women felt weird without periods?
Anonymous
The nurse told me that you can run as many packs as you want together without a break, as the original pill didnt have any breaks at all, it was only because women felt weird without periods?

It's not normally a good idea as you'll get breakthrough bleeding. What I've been told before was to have at least 3 periods a year (so running 4 packs together)
Anonymous
PLEASE keep anon.

i don't know what advice im looking for. :s-smilie: basically, i was raped by my ex-boyfriend a while ago at a party. ive been late and have taken pregnancy tests and they have come out positive. :frown:

im really lost as to what to do. i am deeply religious and i can't even imagine getting an abortion. i didn't get the morning after pill because.. idk... i was just so hurt and confused i didnt even bother with it. i dont think i could live with getting rid of it. :frown:

i dont know how i would deal with adoption and giving my baby away. :s-smilie:

and as for keeping it, i feel like it's the right thing to do but im only 19 and i'm not ready to be a mum. :s-smilie:

like i said i dont even know what kind of help to ask for, any opinions? :s-smilie:

Someone just recommended this forum to me: http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/.

(Although, personally, I object to being labelled a 'survivor' during the registration process; rape isn't something you survive. It happens, you keep going).
To the OP, I knew absolutely zilch, nil, nada about babies when I was pregnant with my daughter. I wasn't even maternal at all. I was worried all the way through the pregnancy that I wouldn't know what to do with the baby, and wouldn't bond with it.
It just comes totally naturally when the baby is born though. You just KNOW how to change its nappy (it's not difficult!) and you just know that when it cries it can only be one of a few things, so you try out a couple of things and if it doesn't stop the crying then you try something else.
Instinct very much takes over. That and common sense.
my friend was in exactly the same situation :frown:. I can't recount her story on here because it's too personal, but if you want to speak to a girl who was in the same position then you can PM me and I'll give you her msn or something, but I'll have to check it's okay with her first.

Alternatively I can just tell you what happened, what her thought processes were and how she decided what to do. She again was religious and abortion just wasn't an option.

I can't tell you what happened on here because it's my friends private life and I don't feel right putting it on a forum, but if you want then PM me and I'll explain what happened and that might help.
If you think positive Everything Be OK.
Look at the brighter side of the life. you have to be grateful for .....having a lovely family./being an attractive girl..etc

this is your life. do watever u want. u dont want to ask anybody
Im very sorry to hear what you are going through. I think you should get the pregnancy confirmed first and consider your options. As someone has suggested you need to consider your life first and what you want to do. 19 is young, I was 20 when I found out I was pregnant and 21 when I had her, but it was in very different cicumstances. My pregnancy was unwanted and I could not imagine having a child but you do cope and adapt. I hope it works out for you xx

EDIT-As PMP I was not maternal at all and I worried about looking after her. It really does come naturally without thinking. Im still at University, I still have a social life-Life does not have to change completely-you may not be able to grab your keys and just pop out but I can't emphasise the fact that it doesn't change as much as you think. A baby is expensive but I didnt spend a fortune-Mostly second hand if Im honest. My friend was homeless, partner had left her and was pregnant with twins. They are 15 weeks old now and she has a house and is doing very well. I wish you luck and furthermore hope you find the courage now or in the future to report the disgraceful example of a human being who did this to you.
I honestly don't know what to tell you. I was raped 7 months ago and took the MAP to make sure I didn't get pregnant, but that was because my friend literally dragged me to the pharmacy to get it; I think if I'd been left to my own devices I'd not have got it.

If I had have got pregnant from it, there's no way I could have got over it as quickly as I have; to just have a constant reminder of the man who did that to you...I don't think I could cope. But you are probably a much stronger person than me.

Whatever you decide to do, you really shouldn't have to go through it alone, find someone you trust to talk about it with.
well thats horrible and im sorry about that

..If i was you i would talk to someone about it (parents or close friends) then i would to come a decision which is best for YOU. If i was you then i would put it up for adoption, yes it will be tough but so will having an abortion or keeping it. At 19 i think you will be throwing your life away if you keep this child, you only a child yourself. Anyway you have to do whats best for you. Good luck
CinderellaDontGo
well thats horrible and im sorry about that

..If i was you i would talk to someone about it (parents or close friends) then i would to come a decision which is best for YOU. If i was you then i would put it up for adoption, yes it will be tough but so will having an abortion or keeping it. At 19 i think you will be throwing your life away if you keep this child, you only a child yourself. Anyway you have to do whats best for you. Good luck

Well actually no 19 year olds aren't anything like children, but there we go. She's young but she's hardly a child.
basically 18 year old male sleeping with a 15 year old girl.

what would happen if this was reported to the police?

friend accidentaly spilled it to a friend police officer the other night but we're too scared to ask him in case he didn't even hear us properly (was drunk at a party) or whatever.
Reply 592
He would go on the sex offenders list.
Reply 593
bad man.
Worst thing in my opinion would be the local press.
Reply 595
I'm not sure on the laws on this but that's pretty much under-age sex so yeah , sex offenders register.
Tw!stEd
He would go on the sex offenders list.

yep.
You're in trouble.
Unlikely that anything will happen. Stop worrying.
Lampshade
Unlikely that anything will happen. Stop worrying.

This, realistically.

Latest