The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
i get my period at all kinds of weird times lately, and I used to be 100% regular too - I guess it just happens sometimes. But if you're super worried the packages say when the earliest after possible conception you can take them - with technological advances these days I have no idea what you can find
I've never had a pregnancy scare before and am soooo careful with taking the pill. Me and boyfriend just rely on the pill (committed, long term relationship!) and I am not usually one to panic.

My common sense tells me I'm probably not pregnant but for some reason I'm panicking!

Anyway, last time I had sex was about a month and half-ish ago and after getting a period after that (that might have been too short...I never know...I just sort of go with the flow...I have no idea...!), I didn't go on the pill/didn't have sex. And it's been about a month (as I usually run packs together I never know when to expect a period when I'm not taking anything) and I haven't gotten my period. I've decided if nothing until next Tuesday I will take a pregnancy test.

I am begging for it to come. But then again me stressing about it is probably delaying it. I don't know even if its been a month.

I've always thought girls were silly about this, but now that I'm experiencing it - I completely retract my statement. :woo:

Just calm me down please? :frown:
Anonymous
I've never had a pregnancy scare before and am soooo careful with taking the pill. Me and boyfriend just rely on the pill (committed, long term relationship!) and I am not usually one to panic.

My common sense tells me I'm probably not pregnant but for some reason I'm panicking!

Anyway, last time I had sex was about a month and half-ish ago and after getting a period after that (that might have been too short...I never know...I just sort of go with the flow...I have no idea...!), I didn't go on the pill/didn't have sex. And it's been about a month (as I usually run packs together I never know when to expect a period when I'm not taking anything) and I haven't gotten my period. I've decided if nothing until next Tuesday I will take a pregnancy test.

I am begging for it to come. But then again me stressing about it is probably delaying it. I don't know even if its been a month.

I've always thought girls were silly about this, but now that I'm experiencing it - I completely retract my statement. :woo:

Just calm me down please? :frown:

I don't understand that part?
Sakura-Chan
I don't understand that part?

After getting my period last time. Obviously, prior to that I took the pill/had sex. Because if I hadn't had sex then well, I doubt there would have been immaculate conception.
Anonymous
After getting my period last time. Obviously, prior to that I took the pill/had sex. Because if I hadn't had sex then well, I doubt there would have been immaculate conception.

Why stop taking it though?

Coming off the pill, which is essentially what you've done, often causes an upset in your cycle because it's not reliant on the hormones you're taking to cause it any more. Which is probably why you haven't had a period yet. Do a test to be sure though.
You had sex, used a condom and it didn't break.
That in itself means it's incredibly unlikely you're pregnant.
And as for the period... there are many more factors that influence when you get your period other than just sex.
Relax - because at the rate you're going, the worry will make it later.
malleablegrace
You had sex, used a condom and it didn't break.
That in itself means it's incredibly unlikely you're pregnant.
And as for the period... there are many more factors that influence when you get your period other than just sex.
Relax - because at the rate you're going, the worry will make it later.

Trying to relax for me is like trying to fall asleep :p:
Sakura-Chan
Why stop taking it though?

Coming off the pill, which is essentially what you've done, often causes an upset in your cycle because it's not reliant on the hormones you're taking to cause it any more. Which is probably why you haven't had a period yet. Do a test to be sure though.

I want to change pills and haven't gotten the prescription for the other one yet.

Thankfully, I just got my period today. I don't think I've ever been so happy to bleed :biggrin:
I had unprotected sex almost two weeks (very stupid i know) and it was my first time. Im terrified that im pregnant but i dont know how ill be able to tell as my periods are veryy irregular and pretty much come and go as they please. If i went to my doctors and asked her to do a pregnancy test would she be able to tell if i am?????????????

Im 18 and going to uni in september and if i was pregnant my life would be ******
Anonymous
I had unprotected sex almost two weeks (very stupid i know) and it was my first time. Im terrified that im pregnant but i dont know how ill be able to tell as my periods are veryy irregular and pretty much come and go as they please. If i went to my doctors and asked her to do a pregnancy test would she be able to tell if i am?????????????

Im 18 and going to uni in september and if i was pregnant my life would be ******

You could go to tesco/boots and buy a pregnancy test and check if you don't want to bother your gp. If it is negative, and you have irregular periods, i would check again in a week or so to be sure.
I have a question its mainly about getting preganant .
basically me and my gf got married a few months ago and we want a kid
she told me that the doctor said ( i dont know the correct word so ill use my own ) she has a "hostile" Vagina ( the word begins with P ) and well bascically it will be hard for us to have children. And 2-3 years ago i was on Chemotherapy and the doctor told me that it might be hard for me to have children in the future .. is it anything i should worry about ??
So I didn't take my contraceptive injection in jan when it was due, and since I didn't get any periods until 2 months ago, and then I skipped my last one (definitely wasn't pregnant then) and this one is a week late.

I'm slightly worried this month because I was a little risky 4 weeks ago; he didn't put on a condom straight away when we were having sex, and there were a couple of times he was getting a bit close to coming, so we stopped and he put one on. I know the likelihood is that it's the injection that messing up my periods, but is it worth me getting a pregnancy test to be safe rather than sorry?
Anonymous

I'm in the exact same boat as you!!! It is the scariest thing i think I ever been through!

I had STI testing etc and was told to take a pregnancy test the day I was due(eventhough my periods tend to be quite irregular) but i counted 28 days from when i finished and took the test. It was negative (which im over the moon about) but I am still yet to have a period! I recently came off of norethisterone...could this be what is making them even more irregular?
I'm really worried that it was a false positive can anyone help?
xxx
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER:

I had unprotected sex (he came inside me) on the 7th day of my 30-32 day cycle. What are the chances of being pregnant? I was still menstruating when we had sex, but it was my last day. My period lasts a week. Chances? Thanks!
Anonymous
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER:

I had unprotected sex (he came inside me) on the 7th day of my 30-32 day cycle. What are the chances of being pregnant? I was still menstruating when we had sex, but it was my last day. My period lasts a week. Chances? Thanks!

If you were still menstruating, then your chances are slim. Not impossible, but unlikely.
HELP PLEASE

My last period was 30th July - 3/4ish August.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 9th August , but the condom split. Also on Tuesday we had unprotected sex ( stupid i know but we was drunk cos of my bday)

Ive had a small amount of bleeding ( its like light browny-pink coloured) ive been feeling shattered, keep feeling sick and have a general "woozy" kinda feeling.
Whats the chance of pregnancy?
When can i do a test? I did one today but came back negative however its probably too early ?
Anonymous
HELP PLEASE

My last period was 30th July - 3/4ish August.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 9th August , but the condom split. Also on Tuesday we had unprotected sex ( stupid i know but we was drunk cos of my bday)

Ive had a small amount of bleeding ( its like light browny-pink coloured) ive been feeling shattered, keep feeling sick and have a general "woozy" kinda feeling.
Whats the chance of pregnancy?
When can i do a test? I did one today but came back negative however its probably too early ?

Some pregnancy tests (first response type ones - clear blue for example) you can do a few days before your period is due.

Other regular ones you can do from the day your period is due.

I have to say, there's certainly a chance you could be pregnant.

Women tend to ovulate around 14 days after the first day of your last period, and you had sex 10 days after your period, and then again two days later, so 12 days after your period. Your chances of being fertile are....well....very possible.

If you have a regular 28 day cycle, your next period should be due around 27th August, so wait until the end of the month and then do a test.

I hope you get the result you're after (presumably a negative), but you're just going to have to wait and see now.
PinkMobilePhone
Some pregnancy tests (first response type ones - clear blue for example) you can do a few days before your period is due.

Other regular ones you can do from the day your period is due.

I have to say, there's certainly a chance you could be pregnant.

Women tend to ovulate around 14 days after the first day of your last period, and you had sex 10 days after your period, and then again two days later, so 12 days after your period. Your chances of being fertile are....well....very possible.

If you have a regular 28 day cycle, your next period should be due around 27th August, so wait until the end of the month and then do a test.

I hope you get the result you're after (presumably a negative), but you're just going to have to wait and see now.

Thanks so much for your reply. I keep worrying about it and i wish i had taken EC. -.-
My periods are usually very irregular though so i doubt i have a regular 28 day cycle.

Im thinking about booking a Drs appointment tomorrow. Would they be able to do a test or anything?
God , im so scared. I hope im not as im starting uni in septmeber.
Anonymous
Thanks so much for your reply. I keep worrying about it and i wish i had taken EC. -.-
My periods are usually very irregular though so i doubt i have a regular 28 day cycle.

Im thinking about booking a Drs appointment tomorrow. Would they be able to do a test or anything?
God , im so scared. I hope im not as im starting uni in septmeber.

I don't think a doctor's test would show up this early to be honest.
Think you will just have to wait and see, although would remind you when you do test if you get a negative and still dont come on, test again, you can have false negatives but not false positives

Latest