The Student Room Group

Film and English - Warwick or UEA?

So I'm thinking about UCAS and stuff and wondering is better - film & lit at Warwick or film & English at UEA? Warwick seems to ask for higher grades but is the course actually better? Only it looks like you get to do a wider range of modules at UEA, Warwick doesn't seem to have nearly so much choice or let you take as many options. (I am lookin at other courses too but like the look of these in particular.)

Is anyone on either of these courses who can say a bit about what the course, department, facilities, campus, etc are like, and do you know how many applications there are per place and how hard it is to get in (I don't mean how high the grades are I mean how tough the competition is I guess)? Thanx in advance.
Yeah, I have the same problem. Warwick is known for being one of the best unis yet when I look at the modules, the film courses don't seem nearly as diverse as other unis (Exeter, King's, UEA).
Reply 2
I have exactly the same problem. I sent my UCAS off before the half term and since have received an offer for the Eng and Film course at UEA and a letter from Warwick asking for an essay (sample of my work) and an interview, this is before they do me an offer.

At the end of the day, I agree with those who say about the range of modules at UEA being better than Warwick but then on the other hand I have people who are saying that Warwick overall is the better university and at the end of the day to come out with the degree from Warwick rather than UEA would be more preferable.

What is the general opinion? UEA or Warwick and how do you decide between the two????

Latest

Trending

Trending