The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Wouldn't it be business casual? Do you have college because I think it's casual clothing for that.
Reply 2
gdu
OP
Yea I think its casual for college but I mean for round the office, I get the impression its business casual from what I saw people wear at my interviews but just wanted to find out what is appropriate
gdu
Yea I think its casual for college but I mean for round the office, I get the impression its business casual from what I saw people wear at my interviews but just wanted to find out what is appropriate

Your impression was right - it's casual for college, business casual for the office.

Where are you going to be based?
Reply 4
gdu
OP
Thanks, will be based in the Cambridge Office. Are you an EY employee?
gdu
Thanks, will be based in the Cambridge Office. Are you an EY employee?

Up in Manchester, yes. I've got a uni friend who's based at the Cambridge office - we started last year, so you should have some good company there - once you get out of college, of course :wink:! Why Cambridge, out of interest - were you at uni there?

I assume you're taking ICAS exams - if so, good luck with the TC course (it's not *that* bad, once you get your head round some of the new ideas :smile:)
Reply 6
Bit of common sense is required here.
Can't say anything about E&Y but from my time at another of the big 4...

1. If you're at a client's site it is always suit and tie.
2. If you're at the office then no tie is needed - though still the suit.

You'll know for yourself after the first few weeks - for the office as I was always just in a shirt rather than the full get-up I would quite often just come in in a coat and put it in my locker.

Latest

Trending

Trending