The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

deedeezc
One of my classmates got an offer yesterday for Law at LSE. However, I was sent an email from the undergraduates department saying they will make the decision later. I'm applying for straight Government, has anyone got an offer for that yet? I'm also under 18.

Yep got that for Govt

Waiting on something for IR, the one I really want.

:woo:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
The_Hessian
Sorry to hear that Ben Amanna ... I actually thought the Management tutors had not started working yet, since we haven't heard anything from them until now ....

Good luck on your other applications !

hi, when did you find out from oxford and how do you know it was due to the tsa performance.
when did warwick reply to you about man?
thanks
Ben Amanna
yh thats a good point actually someone just raised. my PS was targeted at E&M and i applied for str8 Man at LSE. got offer from Bristol for E&M awaiting Oxford. so still could be good :biggrin:

Hmm, that is weird. My PS was targeted at E&M, as well, but it didn't make a difference for my Management offer at LSE? I hope you have better luck for Oxford though.

What were your grades like?
Ben Amanna
hi, when did you find out from oxford and how do you know it was due to the tsa performance.
when did warwick reply to you about man?
thanks

A letter was sent off Monday the 24th but I didn't get it until Thursday 27th .. cuz Im living in Germany. I emailed the admissions tutor to give feedback on my application on thursday and got an answer on friday morning.
However, he didn't say whether it was my score or my essay. So i'll never know .......... i guess ill try again next year ... it won't hurt!

about warwick: I got my offer pretty early. November 6th. I was surprised, too.
oxford; e&m considering
LSE; Man Unsucessful
bristol; e&m AAA offer
King's; Man Considering
Warwick; Considering

i got 3A* 9A 1B 1C
AAAC at AS
AAA predicted Maths, Economics, Product Design
Reply 1985
anyone heard back from management at LSE?
Reply 1986
Does anyone know anything about Economic history?

As far as I have managed to keep up with this thread (not so easy at times!) there has been neither offers or rejections from that dep. Am I wrong?

Applying with post-IB 42p, 777 in HLs and a year of uni economics.
Tahadayem
i got an offer yesterday for economics: conditional - 43 points in IB and 776 in highers (7 in Maths HL) its really frikin high so im not that happy about it! - anyway i talked to the admissions officer last night and she said that there will be no more offers before new years and apparently there's a rumour going around that this year its extremely competitive!

I got rejected from oxford for PPE at Pembroke - i have no idea y tho my PS was amazing and i have 12 A*s at GCSE and a predicted of 44 at IB.

UCAS applications
Oxford(Pembroke) PPE - Rejected
LSE Economics - Offer
UCL Economics - offer 36 665 in HL's
Warwick PPE - offer 37
SOAS politics and economics - 38 766 in HL's

maybe you screwed up the TSA? I don't see any other reasons, especially if your PS, ref are amazig and you have that brilliant grades.

by the way I am very surprised about that offer. 43 points in IB? that's really high. congratulations anyway. :smile:
J234
No offense, but why do people always think their PS is "amazing." Oxford don't reject people for no reason, maybe they felt it wasn't well targeted at PPE?

interesting. How do you think about your PS then? Please be honest. :smile:

maybe TSA was the killer.
Jong Il Kim
interesting. How do you think about your PS then? Please be honest. :smile:

maybe TSA was the killer

Well TSA killed my application according to the admissions tutors!! I don't know tho, whether it was the multiple choice or the essay!
Maybe I'm gonna write another email asking exactly that question. But I also don't wanna bother those tutor too much.
But on the other hand, I ****ing had to pay 70 Euros for that stupid test!
Reply 1990
Has everyone got offers for law for LSE? Have they given out all their offers? I applied Oct 15th and havent heard anything. Really worried .........................
I haven't. Bt, I'm one of those mid-Nov applicants. lol :smile:
Can I ask, everyone who's got a decision, you're all early applicants right?
does this mean those who applied before oct 15th are likely to be rejected next week? I applied on the 6th and have heard nothing at all
Reply 1994
dramaminedreams
does this mean those who applied before oct 15th are likely to be rejected next week? I applied on the 6th and have heard nothing at all

I hope not!!! Just hope we can live through next week... Good luck with your application!
dramaminedreams

No.
Reply 1996
it does not mean that all of us who applied before oct 15 will be rejected as there might be few of us they aren't sure about , but i would guess that a fair few of us will be getting answers soonish as we are more than halfway through the 3 month guideline for answers
El Mariachi
Can I ask, everyone who's got a decision, you're all early applicants right?

6th October. So fairly early.
Has anyone applying for pure Geography BA received any news? (waiting list email, offer or rejection?) :s-smilie:
Just wondering what's going on with the Geography department!?
Can I point out that we've hit over 2000 posts on this thread now?

Latest

Trending

Trending