The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

abcdefg1990
i heard LSE are really harsh with GCSEs, like u need at least 8A* to be considered, is this true?

Depends on the subject - the more competitive courses will generally prefer you to have a handful, and successful Econ applicants tend to have them across the board. There are always exceptions though.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
is work experience a big factor?
abcdefg1990
is work experience a big factor?

Which subject? The way you talk about it in your personal statement i.e the role and what you learnt could be important, but they'll know not everyone can secure work experience. Aside from academics, personal statement plays a very significant role in LSE admissions apparently.
Ristic
where else are you applying ?

Hey Risitc,

my other choices are "Economics & Management" at Oxford (Exeter College), "Management" at the University of Warwick (already got an offer :biggrin: ) and "Business Administration" at the University of Bath.

What are yours?
Reply 584
Cerulean
But don't they alternate with offers/rejections? or is this just a rumour?

It's not just a rumor. At least they did so last year. However I think the pattern was not all absolute; some rejection-weeks turned out to be all offers and vice versa. But the general pattern was offers/rejections every two fridays.
Does anyone know the link the website page which apparently says that LSE try to process the majority of applications within three weeks of the date that they are submitted (with exception, of course, to those in the "gathered pile")?
Reply 586
Jong Il Kim
I feel really nervous EVERY SINGLE MINUTE :frown:

You should be, Dear Leader :tongue:

Anyways, i talked to a person who work at LSE Admission Office. She told me PS is more important than your grade/predicted grade. Tons of people there already have/predicted 4A. PS is the only thing that can make your application stand out.
hungdlhp

Anyways, i talked to a person who work at LSE Admission Office. She told me PS is more important than your grade/predicted grade. Tons of people there already have/predicted 4A. PS is the only thing that can make your application stand out.

great then :biggrin:
hungdlhp

Phew - my councellor said I had one of the best personal statements she'd seen in years! *crosses fingers that LSE see it the same way*
Reply 589
chill out. what has anyone acheived by worrying.:cool:
ggap
chill out. what has anyone acheived by worrying.:cool:

Yeah :frown: but I just got a rejection from other uni though :frown:
sincerely hope LSE will give me an offer.
Jong Il Kim
Yeah :frown: but I just got a rejection from other uni though :frown:
sincerely hope LSE will give me an offer.

Who would dare give you a rejection? :wink: Sorry to hear it, where was that from?
Reply 592
Just wondering if anyone knows....what's the earliest they usually give out offers for Econ & Econ History, or Social Policy & Econ?
It's Friday tomorrow...
Economist1
It's Friday tomorrow...

OMG it's amazing how weekdays do that :eek:

haha intense, will be checking track all day
Reply 595
friday tmr guys....
will it be rejection friday or rejection monday...?
Reply 596
tribalium
friday tmr guys....
will it be rejection friday or rejection monday...?

Or could it be OFFERS FRIDAY or OFFERS MONDAY?!

POSITIVE THINKING, POSITIV DENKEN!!! :yep:
Reply 597
dorice525
Or could it be OFFERS FRIDAY or OFFERS MONDAY?!

POSITIVE THINKING, POSITIV DENKEN!!! :yep:

hope it will be:p:
we will know tmr...:shifty:
Reply 598
I reckon, rejection Friday/Monday....:frown:
Reply 599
tribalium
hope it will be:p:
we will know tmr...:shifty:

Good luck everyone! Hopefully it will be good news for all of you!

As for me, I will probably end up waiting until about february/march or so...I am a mature student, therefore my guess is that they might take a little while longer to get back to me with a decision...:confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending