The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

just received a feedback from LSE and it has got to do with my subject combination. I'm definitely going to appeal against this decision, as I had no choice but to take those subjects.

I am fully aware of that it is extremely unlikely to change the decision but I think it's better than nothing and I have good grounds for appeal (extenuating circumstances). Is there anyone know about the procedure?
Should I ask my referee to do so?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5981
KirstyK
I think this friday will be offers for law-based on last year's thread of decisions.

But us gathered pile applicants won't be included in that though?
Jong Il Kim
just received a feedback from LSE and it has got to do with my subject combination. I'm definitely going to appeal against this decision, as I had no choice but to take those subjects.

I am fully aware of that it is extremely unlikely to change the decision but I think it's better than nothing and I have good grounds for appeal (extenuating circumstances). Is there anyone know about the procedure?

Try! You've got nothing to lose! :smile: Make your teacher write the email :smile: Good luck!
Reply 5983
QBC123
But us gathered pile applicants won't be included in that though?

Let's pray we are; I need to know!!!
Jong Il Kim

I would just let it go Kim, I wanted to appeal when I was rejected by Oxford as I was sure i deserved a place and was really disapointed, however, the decisions are final and it will only get your hopes up and disapoint you again. If you really don't want to go to warwick then you can always apply next year.
JohnKennedy
I would just let it go Kim, I wanted to appeal when I was rejected by Oxford as I was sure i deserved a place and was really disapointed, however, the decisions are final and it will only get your hopes up and disapoint you again. If you really don't want to go to warwick then you can always apply next year.

thank you for your comment, errm but the thing is, even if I apply with the perfect and solid grade in the following year, I will likely get the same rejection again due to my unusual subject combination. In other words, there's nothing I can do now about my IB subject choices and it is highly unlikely I will get an offer from LSE in that sense. If it was totally my fault, then I would just let it go, but it was beyond my control and I had no choice but to go with that particular subject combination. I'm not trying to make an excuse or whining about the decision, but it seems my referee did not provide this personal circumstances in the reference and subsequently, the admissions officer might be under the impression that I took soft subjects on purpose and this is not the case. I just think this case can be regarded as an exceptional case, since my application and/or study has been affected by personal circumstances, which the School was not aware of at the time if decision making. If it has got to do with my PS, Ref, Grades or whatever then I would apply next year but this isn't the case. dunno. ah well.
Reply 5986
Hey
just gotta email today from LSE!!!
L101 Pure Economics
3A's.
I was expecting it tomorrow, but it looks like theyve changed the plan
SOOO HAPPPPPPPYYY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 5987
Jackie57
Hey
L101 Pure Economics
3A's.

Congrats When did you apply?
Jackie57
Hey
L101 Pure Economics
3A's.

congrats!

are you a international student?
Jackie57
Hey
L101 Pure Economics
3A's.

Well... congrats!!! :biggrin: But did you get an email? from LSE? Hasn't it been updated on track yet? :smile:
Seems a bit strange that you are a new member, first post, and it happens to be an LSE offer on a Thursday.
Either you are lying.
Or you got one of the bogus emails. (which is doubtful as they seem to be for rejections/plagarised PS)
Either way, screenshot or it didn't happen.

BOGUS EMAIL WARNING
It has been brought to the office's attention that some applicants have received emails, seemingly from the Undergraduate Admissions Office, advising them that their application has been unsuccessful or that they have a plagiarised personal statement. The office would like to clarify that all admissions decisions are sent directly to UCAS and communicated via the UCAS Track facility.

If you receive such an email, please note that this is NOT a genuine email and that all communication regarding admissions decisions and plagiarised personal statement are communicated through UCAS alone.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/undergraduateAdmissions/
Jackie57
Hey
L101 Pure Economics
3A's.

Screenshot please
Reply 5992
someone just drop a bomb? :tongue:

congratz anyways
Reply 5993
does LSE even give out emails??? Aren't all decisions given out through Track?

But yea, I hope tomorrow is a decision day.
Reply 5994
ysbera
does LSE even give out emails??? Aren't all decisions given out through Track?

But yea, I hope tomorrow is a decision day.

no,yes,doesn't everyone
Reply 5995
omg.. what is going on..
Where does it say that LSE give out offers only on Fridays?
Seems like a lot of conjecture and superstition to me.
Warwick is an amazing university and to get in is really good! In the guardian university league table its placed at number 4! Has anybody here got offers from LSE or applied there? I applied 10th November and haven't heard anything from them.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to league table rankings, to be honest.
For example, LSE is number three, but student satisfaction is very, very low—about 70%.
Has anybody here applied to do Sociology at LSE? Expecting my rejection tomorrow because i have not been told i have been shortlisted. I'm not really bothered about the LSE, i've got an offer from Warwick which is pretty good anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending