The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Economics
GCSEs 7A*4A
AS - AABB (As in Maths + Econ) + A at A2 maths
A2 predicted - AAAA (Maths, Further Maths, Further Additional Maths, Economics)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 81
dramaminedreams
Economics
GCSEs 7A*4A

Theres such thing as Further additional Maths???? Lol:biggrin:
Reply 82
amar09
Theres such thing as Further additional Maths???? Lol:biggrin:

Lol yes there is. Some guy done it in my school. Apparently only a handful of people do it in the country :o: But you have to be seriously good at maths to do it :biggrin:
Reply 83
02mik_e
Lol yes there is. Some guy done it in my school. Apparently only a handful of people do it in the country :o: But you have to be seriously good at maths to do it :biggrin:

cool. well then congrats to dramaminedreams, looks like he/she has a pretty good chance of getting in!
Reply 84
dramaminedreams
Economics
GCSEs 7A*4A

So just reading your other posts (sorry to sound stalkerish, just a little bored and you seemed interesting:o: ) you applying for M+E anywhere?, or just pure economics?
amar09
So just reading your other posts (sorry to sound stalkerish, just a little bored and you seemed interesting:o: ) you applying for M+E anywhere?, or just pure economics?

Lol... I might apply for maths + econ at warwick but my statement is very economics orientated and I don't really want to change it now. Also dont have to be insanely good at maths to do additional further, its just a lot more work and at a much faster pace.
ninety_nine
Apply for straight Government, I could do without more competition :p:

I'd just apply for the one you really want to do, and not apply for both. I imagine a lot of people who apply for Social Policy w/Government are people who are also applying for Government but want a backup. Since LSE are so PS-picky, I think they'll look to see how much social policy stuff you have in there as opposed to just politics.

Good luck with whatever you go for!

Lol i'm a little worried that social policy will limit my career options and also because I haven't studied Social policy i'm not to sure how much it appeals to me :-(
Reply 87
I'm applying for Social Policy & Gvt but it's not really included in my PS. Oh dear. I don't really know how to add it in.
Reply 88
02mik_e

IIRC I don't think you have to be that good, I think it just consists of loads of applied modules, I don't think it's as hard as STEP or AEA.
Vesta
I'm applying for Social Policy & Gvt but it's not really included in my PS. Oh dear. I don't really know how to add it in.

Why not apply for straight Government?
Or apply for both of them?
Reply 90
I am applying for Law and Anthropology.
Reply 91
Wow, there are SOO many different courses.....
Reply 92
The Sherminator
Why not apply for straight Government?
Or apply for both of them?

Not applying for both because I don't really want to stay in London. I will if I must but I'd rather not:p:

Straight Gvt is very competitive, while Social Policy & Gvt (which sounds really interesting) is less competitive and a lower offer too.

I very much want to go to Durham and might be applying there twice :smile:
Vesta
Not applying for both because I don't really want to stay in London. I will if I must but I'd rather not:p:

Straight Gvt is very competitive, while Social Policy & Gvt (which sounds really interesting) is less competitive and a lower offer too.

I very much want to go to Durham and might be applying there twice :smile:

I see I see.

Apply for the one you are more interested in, because if you have to go to LSE in the end, at least you will be in the course which you like, and not something you don't like.

Is the course at Durham that much better?
Reply 94
The Sherminator
I see I see.

Apply for the one you are more interested in, because if you have to go to LSE in the end, at least you will be in the course which you like, and not something you don't like.

Is the course at Durham that much better?

I like both. I mean yeah I prefer Gvt by itself, but I'd be happy doing Social Policy & Gvt too.

The course isn't a huge amount better, but I love the university. The course is good, though, and Durham is out of London which is also nice. :biggrin:
Vesta
I like both. I mean yeah I prefer Gvt by itself, but I'd be happy doing Social Policy & Gvt too.

The course isn't a huge amount better, but I love the university. The course is good, though, and Durham is out of London which is also nice. :biggrin:

Fair enough. I have felt the pain of choosing a course which I "will" enjoy, instead of one I knew I would have, hence the forewarning :p:

Fair enough. Many people trying to run away from London, lol. Too close to home huh?

So you applying to Cambridge or not?
Reply 96
The Sherminator
Fair enough. I have felt the pain of choosing a course which I "will" enjoy, instead of one I knew I would have, hence the forewarning :p:

Fair enough. Many people trying to run away from London, lol. Too close to home huh?

So you applying to Cambridge or not?

Yeah, too close to home. I want to have a change of scenery too :o:

I don't think I will, although it'll all be decided tomorrow. :smile:
International Relations applicant here!
Seems I'm the only one joining lonely Marcelbandur so far :biggrin:
Reply 98
limonadita
International Relations applicant here!
Seems I'm the only one joining lonely Marcelbandur so far :biggrin:

Cool to see another EU student here :smile:.

Yeah, not many IR:ers around here is it? :p:
Vesta

Hey Vesta :smile:

I was just going to ask how weighted your PS is? I haven't even properly began to write mine :s-smilie: but I know the kind of things I'm going to include. From what I've heard it should be 60:40 in favour of Social Policy but since I'm applying for Politics related things I'm not sure how to balance it!

Latest

Trending

Trending