The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
ajp100688
Plenty good can come, if we survive today without rejection,then we're a step closer to an offer!

Thats not necessarily good, its just NOT bad!:p:

ajp100688

If we get rejected then we can act like we never cared and that LSE is full of snobs anyways and we never wanted to go there :P

I was able to realistically do that with UCL...I don't think i will be able to with lse :no: :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 981
Wonaeamirri
Its a bit worrying to look back at last years thread and see a few people getting their offers in March/April.

I don't think I can do this every Friday until then, I will be a broken man.

:ditto: Especially if i don't get any offers from other uni's anytime soon!

marcelbandur

Do you mean that there's absolutely no chance of giving out offers today?

AFAIK, no. you can see this on the first page of this thread. LSE tends to give out offers and rejections on alternate weeks. Except for the first few weeks. It was the same last year. A round of rejctions, a week with no news, another round of rejections and then a round of offers (which would be next week.) There's a possibility i'm wrong, but its a pattern they've followed for a few years.
Reply 982
Cerulean
But this is exactly what everyone here thought last Friday and Monday, isn't it? What would make today more cement?

LSE get tons of applications. from past experience we know that they have at least two rounds of offers/ rejections in november in order to ease the pressure. They've already had one round, so the next must be either this week or the next. so in other words we have a fifty-fifty chance, which are much better odds than last week. Looking back i think we were too optimistic to think that LSE would give out offers just a week after rejections.
Reply 983
I thought they had 2 rejection rounds and one offer round in November...
Reply 984
izoar
I thought they had 2 rejection rounds and one offer round in November...

sorry, thats what i meant. the point i was making is dat we have more chance of hearing something from them this week.
amar09
AFAIK, no. you can see this on the first page of this thread. LSE tends to give out offers and rejections on alternate weeks. Except for the first few weeks. It was the same last year. A round of rejctions, a week with no news, another round of rejections and then a round of offers (which would be next week.) There's a possibility i'm wrong, but its a pattern they've followed for a few years.

Offers better be next Friday because it'll be my 18th birthday :biggrin:
Reply 986
I said i woulnd't check track unless i got an email at 5, but its KILLING me!
Reply 987
Syafiquaaa
Offers better be next Friday because it'll be my 18th birthday :biggrin:

That would be a pretty awesome birthday present!:biggrin:
amar09
I said i woulnd't check track unless i got an email at 5, but its KILLING me!

I know, I promised myself the same...but I've checked already, to no avail.
Reply 989
OMG!! 15 minutes. absolutely hair raising stuff. adrenaline is flowing already
Reply 990
OP can you add me to the Front Page:
Applied 10/11/08
App. Pending
Cheers
haha i just checked UCAS and got an offer from Bath .... though I'd rather get one from LSE haha
Reply 992
The_Hessian
haha i just checked UCAS and got an offer from Bath .... though I'd rather get one from LSE haha

An offer's an offer! NIce going.
Reply 993
Economic
Grrrr. Nothing...
Reply 995
JAW4LIFE
OP can you add me to the Front Page:
Applied 10/11/08
App. Pending
Cheers

I'm pretty sure you're already there. its hard to forget writing a capslock name like that.
Wow 1000 posts already!
Me. Need. Offer. Please.

Will whore for offer.

...woot, 1001st post
Reply 998
1000th POST!

EDIT: DAMNIT!!! Stupid 30 second rule
amar09
1000th POST!

Not quite :wink:

Latest

Trending