The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

mwsin
how many of you guys have not been shortlisted?

Me, I didn't get an e-mail - and I sent mine off October 3rd :confused:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
mwsin

Um... shortlisted to what??? :s-smilie:
Reply 1382
mwsin

hang on. why r u using the word shortlisted like ppl who were sent those e-mails are better off than others. Let me explain the process. I have confirmation that this is true from LSE admin itself.

It is not called a shortlist but a 'gathered field'. There is a big difference.
LSE would gladly give out offers as quickly as possible, but because of the january 15th deadline, they have to hold back from making decisions on a certain number of appications because of the late applicants. It is not a shortlist, because otherwise people would not receive offers in novemeber. Whether or not you have been put on the gathered field does not affect your chances. It only means that your applications will be viewed in light of the current pool, rather than in light of the later applications.
Reply 1383
what did the 'shortlist' email say?
Reply 1384
yea i was referring to that!
Reply 1385
gathered field was what i meant.
Reply 1386
ggap
It only means that your applications will be viewed in light of the current pool, rather than in light of the later applications.

What do you mean by “it”? Are they saying they are waiting the 15th January deadline to make decisions for applicants inside or outside the “gathered field”?
Reply 1387
:console: to all rejectees.

ggap
woohoo!! offers on friday. just got to survive today. they wouldnt bother chasing up grades if they were not interested in making an offer. many will disagree, but im sure friday is offer day.

im assuming you've provided LSE with an explanation with regards to your personal statement

I thought we said NO MORE ASSUMPTIONS!!! It jinxes everything!:s-smilie:
But i do agree with your post about the "gathered field"
Reply 1388
mwsin
yea i was referring to that!

basically those with the e-mail can expect a decision much later than those without it. This is neither good nor bad. but the admissions staff are not bound by rules and may well decide to remove your application from the gathered field. Out of interest how many post a-level applicants recieved that e-mail
nope. applied on the 14th of October and haven't received that.
Reply 1390
I'm post A-level, I did not get that e-mail
Reply 1391
I applied on 6th oct, and got no such email
Reply 1392
izoar
I'm post A-level, I did not get that e-mail

i'll wait and see if other post a-level applicants got that e-mail but it would appear unlikely. because it is much easier to make a straightfoward decision on post a-level applicants, rather than put them onto the gathered field. Post a-level applicants are in a sense much safer bets because they have done their exams
ggap
i'll wait and see if other post a-level applicants got that e-mail but it would appear unlikely. because it is much easier to make a straightfoward decision on post a-level applicants, rather than put them onto the gathered field.Post a-level applicants are in a sense much safer bets because they have done their exams

Post A-level - no email either
Reply 1394
Ok NO MORE E-mail Talk, its getting ridiculous. There is no pattern for who got it and who didn't, and we have overdiscussed it.
Its especially hard for me trying to go through and find out who has been rejected and whats happend when theres 50'000 posts saying "NO EMAIL"!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1395
Cerulean
Post A-level - no email either

this theory of mine may have some substance to it. lol. there should be a TSR degree for coming up with the best pattern and theories surrounding uni admissions. lol. we would all have a first class!

sorry Amar09, a theory is a theory. it has to be followed up and investigated.
Reply 1396
ggap
this theory of mine may have some substance to it. lol. there should be a TSR degree for coming up with the best pattern and theories surrounding uni admissions. lol. we would all have a first class!

you can't prove any sort of theory with such a small sample size.
EDIT: Fine...if you really want to, at least make a list so people don't have to keep repeating themselves, izoar posted it twice on the same page....A list might be helpful, and i might even add it to the first page:tongue:
Reply 1397
ggap

sorry Amar09 but i'm going to have to add evidence to ggap's theory... im post a level and didnt receive "the email" ...
Reply 1398
Amar09 this is a discussion thread so let us discusss!
Reply 1399
bvcj
sorry Amar09 but i'm going to have to add evidence to ggap's theory... im post a level and didnt receive "the email" ...

I'm pre-alevel with bad as level grades and gcses and got the email (dunno if that adds or does anything to your theory)

And I'm NOT being modest they were not exactly LSE standard, at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending