The Student Room Group

Student flat

I was wondering whether I’m over complicating the situation or if I have a right to be concerned about the pricing of our flat depending on who gets what room?
There are four of us moving into a flat and it’s roughly £350+ each month for rent. Two rooms are bigger and the other two smaller, now it was only addressed recently that those with the smaller rooms will pay less than those who have the larger rooms, now I don’t know if that’s particularly fair to change the pricing based on the rooms considering we all will be sharing the living room, kitchen and bathroom, so is it not going to just over complicate things when changing the price for each person rather than just sticking to the 350 each month plus all our bills or am I being stupid?
Reply 1
Its very fair. People's rooms are probably where theyre gonna spend the most time so if theres less space in those rooms then its only fair they pay less than those who got the bigger rooms.
I think its quite fair if the people with smaller rooms pay less, however, not to short change the students, the £350 for the bigger room should remain £350 and the smaller rooms should be about £310, (about £10 cheaper per week) . The smaller rooms have less floor space to study in so quite rightly pay less. However if you have signed a contract already with the agreed price, then the landlord should not be changing it to suit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending