The Student Room Group

Parents 🙄

How to deal with problematic parents that spills all your secrets and issues to their friends,Forces you to do stuff and always wants to start fights ?
Tell them you don’t like it when they tell their friends about your secrets. What exactly are they forcing you to do, and what are the fights generally about?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
How to deal with problematic parents that spills all your secrets and issues to their friends,Forces you to do stuff and always wants to start fights ?

We need more info, what are they forcing you to do?
Reply 3
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Tell them you don’t like it when they tell their friends about your secrets. What exactly are they forcing you to do, and what are the fights generally about?

Cut my hair,Do crazy amounts of exercise and eat all their leftovers that they can’t be bothered to eat even though they cooked it.
Cut my hair,Do crazy amounts of exercise and eat all their leftovers that they can’t be bothered to eat even though they cooked it.

Oh, so they're just being normal parents basically and trying to keep you healthy and tidy looking!

Is your hair very long? Are you a healthy weight? Do you eat enough food?
Reply 6

The fights are mostly about me not wanting to do what they want anymore.
The fights are mostly about me not wanting to do what they want anymore.

How old are you?
Reply 8
Is your hair very long? Are you a healthy weight? Do you eat enough food?

No my hair is not long in my opinion it’s a tiny bit pass my shoulders but now it’s shorter because they cut it again,Yes I’m a healthy weight and yes I eat enough food.
Reply 9
How old are you?

Younger than 16.
No my hair is not long in my opinion it’s a tiny bit pass my shoulders but now it’s shorter because they cut it again,Yes I’m a healthy weight and yes I eat enough food.

Hair does need to be cut regularly to keep it nice and healthy and to get rid of split ends. How much did they cut off? Making you exercise is probably to keep you fit and healthy. It’s important to exercise regularly. Are you eating leftovers as a separate meal or just as a “snack”?
Younger than 16.

It sounds like your parents are just trying to do what’s best for you but since you’re in the “rebellious” stage of life, you’re disagreeing with them. I would sit them down and have a calm conversation (without arguing) about some boundaries that you would like to set with your parents, regarding them talking to their friends about your secrets. Other than that, I don’t see anything other than normal parenting to be honest.
Oh, so they're just being normal parents basically and trying to keep you healthy and tidy looking!

Prsom
Hair does need to be cut regularly to keep it nice and healthy and to get rid of split ends. How much did they cut off? Making you exercise is probably to keep you fit and healthy. It’s important to exercise regularly. Are you eating leftovers as a separate meal or just as a “snack”?

They usually would cut half of it off then layer it and separate meal.

They probably think that’s what suits you. If it really bothers you, tell them that you want to grow your hair out, but do this without shouting, and if they say no and you throw a tantrum, they’re less likely to let you do it.

If it’s a separate meal, I don’t see what’s wrong with eating leftovers?
(edited 3 years ago)
They probably think that’s what suits you. If it really bothers you, tell them that you want to grow your hair out, but do this without shouting, and if they say no and you throw a tantrum, they’re less likely to let you do it.

If it’s a separate meal, I don’t see what’s wrong with eating leftovers?

Okay,Thanks for your advice.

It's expensive to buy food and time consuming and wasteful to cook something new for every meal.
If food is a real sticking point for you why don't you get a paper round or something and then you could offer to buy and cook a meal each week?

just have some patience and politely say no and be nice to them so they dont get mad at you
Okay,Thanks for your advice.

You’re welcome

The secret is silence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending