The Student Room Group

Handling with stress with school and family.

I’m going into year 11 soon and I know it’s gonna be a very stressful year but that stress also comes from my family problems and issues. So any tips of handling stress?
I don’t have any solution about stress from family related issues, but in terms of schoolwork I may be able to give some advice based on personal experience. For me, I tend to get very overwhelmed when the work starts to build up and being a procrastinator, I find it really hard to just get started on the work.

What I’ve personally found to be helpful is writing down a list of what I need to do. It sounds simple, but when I can see exactly what I want to do and need to do written down, it makes it much easier for me to organise my life and feel more in control. If you set yourself small tasks to do each day, it might make you feel less stressed as the list will get smaller and you can almost picture your stress going away with each point being crossed off.

Then, at times when I’m so overwhelmingly stressed out I can’t even think about anything else, I’ve learnt that forcing myself to panic and rush through work I can’t even focus on, is not effective. If you’re almost at the point of a panic attack or a mental breakdown, my advice is for you to just focus on positivity. Sounds cringe, but hear me out lol. Now don’t judge me okay, but what I like to do is go on Pinterest and look up calming quotes or powerful quotes or motivational quotes and when I’m reading them, I’m not thinking about my stress. Once I’ve composed myself and can think about a solution to the source of my stress, I head back to method one of writing a clear, conscience list.

I don’t know if this will work for you, but I really hope you do well next year in your exams and find some method to help your stress. I’ve been there, believe me. However, you should bear in mind that this year, everyone’s in the same boat and you are not alone in this. There are also many sites which you can use just to talk to someone about your worries if your family problems become too difficult. Good luck for next year! Xx
(edited 3 years ago)
write it down, and then try figuring out a solution form there

this is probs the best advice i can give u abt stress
its what i do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending