The Student Room Group

Catching Bus for A-levels exams

Parents are working and will be unable to take me to exams, a while ago my bus completely rerouted as there was an accident and didnt give any kind of warning, i know this is extremely rare but its not something i want to risk my entire education on.

any ideas what i should do? im currently thinking bringing backup money for a taxi if my bus is late.
Reply 1
How far away is it? If you really don't want to risk it when you have an exam, is it too far away to walk or cycle? Would you / a friend be able to drive there?
Reply 2
Original post by Bill V2
How far away is it? If you really don't want to risk it when you have an exam, is it too far away to walk or cycle? Would you / a friend be able to drive there?

about 5 miles away, if i set out an our early and just had backup money for a taxi i think that would be the best solution? or maybe catch a taxi everyday?
I think you were unlucky. Buses have far fewer accidents than cars. Just catch one bus earlier than the one that would get you to the exam on time.

You have more chance of the exam venue being closed or restricted owing to someone testing positive for Covid 19.
Reply 4
Original post by barnetlad
I think you were unlucky. Buses have far fewer accidents than cars. Just catch one bus earlier than the one that would get you to the exam on time.

You have more chance of the exam venue being closed or restricted owing to someone testing positive for Covid 19.

it was a random car that had an accient, subsequently blocking the usual path, the bus driver took a completely different route without alerting anyone on the top floor. I know it sounds ridiculous but the 1/500 chance it happens isnt something id want to gamble my entire educational achievement on. but yes i agree, catching an early bus and having backup money for taxi seems like the safest plan :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by lilguy100
it was a random car that had an accient, subsequently blocking the usual path, the bus driver took a completely different route without alerting anyone on the top floor. I know it sounds ridiculous but the 1/500 chance it happens isnt something id want to gamble my entire educational achievement on. but yes i agree, catching an early bus and having backup money for taxi seems like the safest plan :wink:

Yeah getting an earlier bus seems like the best idea if you are worried about it - that's what my friend did for GCSE mocks :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending