The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Uni and Covid

Could any current students of York uni tell me how forthcoming and communicative York has been surrounding the changes that have come with covid? I want to know if they are a university who communicate well with their students.
Reply 1
Original post by camilleada
Could any current students of York uni tell me how forthcoming and communicative York has been surrounding the changes that have come with covid? I want to know if they are a university who communicate well with their students.

https://coronavirus.york.ac.uk/ - All staff and student updates regarding Covid at Uni of York can be found here.

As a current student, I must say that the uni has done well to continually inform students about any changes, especially with regards to teaching and learning and plans for Freshers. As for communication on a subject department level, I can't speak for all departments but I know my department (Social and Political Sciences) has kept students updated about course programme changes and what teaching and learning will be like from September onwards. Hope this helps! :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
https://coronavirus.york.ac.uk/ - All staff and student updates regarding Covid at Uni of York can be found here.

As a current student, I must say that the uni has done well to continually inform students about any changes, especially with regards to teaching and learning and plans for Freshers. As for communication on a subject department level, I can't speak for all departments but I know my department (Social and Political Sciences) has kept students updated about course programme changes and what teaching and learning will be like from September onwards. Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you so much, that's really reassuring to hear!
Reply 3
Thank you so much, that's really reassuring to hear!

No worries, you're very welcome! Btw, what course will you be doing in September at York? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
No worries, you're very welcome! Btw, what course will you be doing in September at York? :smile:

Actually I will hopefully be applying for September 2021, and hopefully will be applying for the Business of the Creative Industries course : )
Reply 5
Actually I will hopefully be applying for September 2021, and hopefully will be applying for the Business of the Creative Industries course : )

Apologies, I just assumed you were starting in September this year! :biggrin: Btw, the Business of the Creative Industries course is run by the TFTI (Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media) department who are based in Campus East and you can travel between Campus West and East for free by bus (routes 66/66a). Happy to answer any additional questions you may have. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest