The Student Room Group

Neighbor parking problems, Insurance case filed

Hi so my neighbors are completely inconsiderate, they got a new drive and 3 cars (We live on a main road btw). They park 2 on the drive and one on the road which in turn blocks the drive but we have the same arrangement. We just move the cars around and get on with it, but what they have started doing is parking there car on the road half on our side and half on there side, so they can get there cars on and off the drive without moving the car on the road. This is inconsiderate because we got a drive to with same set up and they block us then because our neighbor from the other side parks on the road too.

So they block our drive slightly in order to to make there own accessible. Anyway this isn’t the main issue, the main issue is my car is a bit more of a performance car and I park on the road, so i order for them to take up our side they literally park with there cars front bumper touching my back bumper. So when my car starts and it being a more performance car it spits some petrol from the exhaust and they park so close the petrol goes on there car and is starting to damage the paintwork.

They complained to be about it and I said don’t park so close to my car then l, but they continued to do it and are now filling in an insurance dispute on the paintwork. My insurance contacted me and told me not to worry about it and said they can’t really tell me an outcome because they’ve never had a case like this before.

Any idea on what might happen?
Have a word with the police call 101 not 999 explain it to the call handler and the police will come around and talk with you if the police are busy they might come and see you in a few days time take some photos as well and keep them on your phone to show the police and write down all times and dates when this is going on
Reply 2
Original post by Scottishlad888
Have a word with the police call 101 not 999 explain it to the call handler and the police will come around and talk with you if the police are busy they might come and see you in a few days time take some photos as well and keep them on your phone to show the police and write down all times and dates when this is going on

I enquired with them before on a live chat and they said as long as they haven’t hit my car. I said I don’t know they park so close they could have but I don’t have proof they can’t do anything because it’s not against the law. It’s only against the law if they park on my drive itself but it’s not illegal to block the drive by parking on the road in front of it, it’s just down to the decency of the person parking. So can’t do anything in the ally. The only thing I could think of is buying a blackvue front and back dashcam which may capture any bumps they have when trying to park with in mm’s of my car.
Original post by Anonymous
I enquired with them before on a live chat and they said as long as they haven’t hit my car. I said I don’t know they park so close they could have but I don’t have proof they can’t do anything because it’s not against the law. It’s only against the law if they park on my drive itself but it’s not illegal to block the drive by parking on the road in front of it, it’s just down to the decency of the person parking. So can’t do anything in the ally. The only thing I could think of is buying a blackvue front and back dashcam which may capture any bumps they have when trying to park with in mm’s of my car.

l would say buy the dash cam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending