The Student Room Group
Yes you will get a fantastic job provided you are articulate and good with people.
Reply 2
prospectivEEconomist: thanks for the fb. did you happen to graduate from this course?
No, just from what I have seen on this forum; but seriously the LSE finance program is the best in the country. Have you got an offer? Did you graduate from Berkeley? Couldn't you get a FO job without the masters? Berkeley is world class..
Reply 4
haven't applied yet, but i'm considering oxford mfe, imperial msc finance and lse. i'm actually already doing risk management at a bank, but i'd like to go for an upgrade.

the thing is, the lse program just started this year, so it's not tried and tested. i just can't stomach the fact that they're charging an almost GBP 5000 or more premium over their other courses (msc finance and econ for example, for which i do not qualify) while teaching relatively run-of-the-mill social sciency courses. it just sounds like all these universities are jumping on the bandwagon and going nuts with the fees just because of what people perceive to be the huge payback, but i've yet to hear stories of riches untold upon graduation from the horses' mouths. just looking at the textbooks used, i was dreadfully unimpressed, but i keep telling myself that this is supposed to be lse after all, right?
i guess they're supposed to be experts at teaching "practical" aspects that you can't learn from the book alone? again, just my very vague conclusions based on my even more vague impressions.

have you heard any good things from people who actually took the course? the only way it'll be worth it is if the payback is comparable to the tuition. my assumption is based on what i perceive to be IB bonuses which currently leads me to think that I can actually be debt-free upon receiving my first year's bonus .. is this true or am i on crack?

you mention "articulate and good with people". does this mean that taking courses like these will pretty much put me in a sales position in the city?

Latest

Trending

Trending