The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Uni Application help!!!

I'm applying for Biological and Medicinal Chemistry at York but I can't decide between the normal four year masters (a year in York), a year abroad or a year in Industry.

Does applying for a year abroad or industry make it harder to get in/ are the courses more competitive? Should I just go for the year in York and am I able to change it if I get there? I'm also having trouble choosing between the different options for Bath too!

Any advice would be great
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Penny456
I'm applying for Biological and Medicinal Chemistry at York but I can't decide between the normal four year masters (a year in York), a year abroad or a year in Industry.

Does applying for a year abroad or industry make it harder to get in/ are the courses more competitive? Should I just go for the year in York and am I able to change it if I get there? I'm also having trouble choosing between the different options for Bath too!

Any advice would be great

Not really. Its most likely that everyone is treated as one cohort for admissions purposes. Often their is flexibility in year abroad/masters/placement etc. once you arrive anyway.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Not really. Its most likely that everyone is treated as one cohort for admissions purposes. Often their is flexibility in year abroad/masters/placement etc. once you arrive anyway.

So if I apply for the normal one I can decide once I'm there if I want to change to abroad or industry?
Original post by Penny456
So if I apply for the normal one I can decide once I'm there if I want to change to abroad or industry?

I mean you should check with the uni before applying but id imagine so, this is the case at most unis.

If everyone has an identical year 1 then for admissions purposes they normally consider you as 1 cohort.

Quick Reply

Latest