The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Extenuating circumstances form for LSE

Hi, so I've submitted an application for LSE through UCAS (though technically this is currently not complete as I am yet to sit the LNAT). I need to hand in an extenuating circumstances form in order to contextualise a certain part of my application. I've detailed the extenuating circumstances in my UCAS reference but I am aware there's a separate form. However, I didn't realise that it was recommended that this be handed in within 2 weeks of my application (which I made in early October).

I was wondering if it was too late to submit the form?

Thanks so much in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by Mikos
Hi, so I've submitted an application for LSE through UCAS (though technically this is currently not complete as I am yet to sit the LNAT). I need to hand in an extenuating circumstances form in order to contextualise a certain part of my application. I've detailed the extenuating circumstances in my UCAS reference but I am aware there's a separate form. However, I didn't realise that it was recommended that this be handed in within 2 weeks of my application (which I made in early October).

I was wondering if it was too late to submit the form?

Thanks so much in advance!

You are advised to submit the form as soon as possible so the assessors can take your extenuating circumstances into consideration when reviewing your application.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by LSE
You are advised to submit the form as soon as possible so the assessors can take your extenuating circumstances into consideration when reviewing your application.

Thanks for the response; if I submit it now, will it be considered?
Reply 3
Original post by Mikos
Thanks for the response; if I submit it now, will it be considered?

If a decision has not yet been made on your application, it will be considered. You will need to ensure it is submitted as soon as possible.
Reply 4
Original post by LSE
If a decision has not yet been made on your application, it will be considered. You will need to ensure it is submitted as soon as possible.

Okay, thank you so much for the help. I'll get it done now in that case. Have a lovely day.
Reply 5
Original post by LSE

Sorry, another question. Should I use the PDF form or the one that's kind of like an online survey on the website?? Thanks again
Reply 6
Original post by Mikos
Sorry, another question. Should I use the PDF form or the one that's kind of like an online survey on the website?? Thanks again

They can be reported via the online form here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Applicants/Secure/Contact-UG-Admissions

We recommend your UCAS referee, or a teacher from your current/former school completes the form.
Reply 7
Original post by LSE
They can be reported via the online form here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Applicants/Secure/Contact-UG-Admissions

We recommend your UCAS referee, or a teacher from your current/former school completes the form.

Thank you very much! I’ve sent it to my UCAS referee, hopefully it’ll be in the department’s hands in the next few days. :smile:
Hi I'm in a similar position now as well, agonising whether to send in a extenuating circumstances form... Can I ask (if you are comfortable with it) did LSE ask your referee for any supporting evidence, like mock exam results before the adverse event?
Reply 9
Original post by Wagyulegend
Hi I'm in a similar position now as well, agonising whether to send in a extenuating circumstances form... Can I ask (if you are comfortable with it) did LSE ask your referee for any supporting evidence, like mock exam results before the adverse event?

No they didn’t, my referee confirmed medical treatment I had received and they didn’t ask for anything else afaik
Reply 10
did you get in then?

Original post by Mikos
No they didn’t, my referee confirmed medical treatment I had received and they didn’t ask for anything else afaik

Latest

Trending

Trending