The Student Room Group

UCL Psychological Sciences MSc conversion 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sharehsia
Does anyone receive error mail from Hannah said that “You may have just received an email from me notifying you of any offer on the MSc Psychological Sciences. A system error has meant that this email has been sent to all applicants.

That’s so incredible... I feel more nervous now....

Yes, I got the same e-mail. I really cannot believe that there was an error of this magnitude. Absolutely gut wrenching! I called up admissions and I got the gist that decisions should be made within the next 2 weeks. If drafts of that error email were already being processed it would be safe to assume they’ve started making offers.

I also asked admissions for the total number of applications and they said there were 87 applications made- this seems lower than other years. In previous years there has been a range of from 40 offers to 70 offers made within a single year from applicant pools as large as 271 strong.

Just some food for thought, fingers crossed we get some news soon and good luck with your application!
Reply 21
Original post by sharehsia
Does anyone receive error mail from Hannah said that “You may have just received an email from me notifying you of any offer on the MSc Psychological Sciences. A system error has meant that this email has been sent to all applicants.

That’s so incredible... I feel more nervous now....

I did, but I also never received the email which supposedly notified us of an offer... so I'm not too sure what's going on ahah.
Original post by Shay_1998
Yes, I got the same e-mail. I really cannot believe that there was an error of this magnitude. Absolutely gut wrenching! I called up admissions and I got the gist that decisions should be made within the next 2 weeks. If drafts of that error email were already being processed it would be safe to assume they’ve started making offers.

I also asked admissions for the total number of applications and they said there were 87 applications made- this seems lower than other years. In previous years there has been a range of from 40 offers to 70 offers made within a single year from applicant pools as large as 271 strong.

Just some food for thought, fingers crossed we get some news soon and good luck with your application!

2 weeks?! When the email said ‘shortly’ I had everything crossed for today!

Positive news about the number of applicants though...
Me too and now my application status has changed to 'currently under review' so maybe I will get an answer soon! Though interesting to know about the numbers involved. This course is quite a lot more expensive that others I have offers for so not sure what I will do if I have options!
Original post by SaraSmyth
Me too and now my application status has changed to 'currently under review' so maybe I will get an answer soon! Though interesting to know about the numbers involved. This course is quite a lot more expensive that others I have offers for so not sure what I will do if I have options!

Oooo let us know when you get an answer!
Reply 25
My application was unsuccessful! :frown: disappointed as I worked super hard on my application, and I'm curious to know what it was about my application that made it unsuccessful. Best of luck to everyone still waiting
Hello! Mine was unsuccessful too. To be honest I am actually relieved as if I had been successful it was have been a hard decision for me but now I can choose more easily. I have been to UCL before and want a different experience so that is that problem sorted! Good luck to the rest of you still waiting :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by sz1999
I did, but I also never received the email which supposedly notified us of an offer... so I'm not too sure what's going on ahah.

The same happened to me, received the email apologising but not the error email itself which worries me..
I received both emails, I need an update from UCL fast because I have deadlines from other universities! Could I get some advice on this thread about other unis or is there another thread for that?
Reply 29
Original post by whatchamacallit
I received both emails, I need an update from UCL fast because I have deadlines from other universities! Could I get some advice on this thread about other unis or is there another thread for that?

I think this thread mostly has people who have applied to UCL, so it may be best to look on other threads for other unis. Hope we get a response today!
I have been bargaining with whatever gods are out there to get a response today. I will update on the negotiations if I get a response! :biggrin:
Reply 31
mine changed to 'Currently being processed by Admissions', does anyone know if they email you or if you find out through portico?
Original post by sz1999
mine changed to 'Currently being processed by Admissions', does anyone know if they email you or if you find out through portico?

Congratulations! From what I've read on here, you will get an email tonight or at max by tomorrow.
Reply 33
Great! From what I read, some people don't receive an email for over five days after the status change. But it seems like normally the email comes at 12 am on that day. May I ask if you've received an email from Hannah about an offer?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by jp0224
Great! From what I read, some people don't receive an email for over five days after the status change. But it seems like normally the email comes at 12 am on that day. May I ask if you've received an email from Hannah about an offer?

Ok great thanks! I never got an email from Hannah no
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by sz1999

Hope you will get the good news soon! When did you submit all your materials? I submitted early January but the system shows under assessment till now... I am wondering if they forget me...
Has anyone heard from anyone who has been accepted yet? Can’t see anyone on here say they have!
Original post by lauralcarr86
Has anyone heard from anyone who has been accepted yet? Can’t see anyone on here say they have!

I haven't yet. :frown:
Original post by sz1999
Ok great thanks! I never got an email from Hannah no

Hey did you get a decision yet?
Original post by lauralcarr86

Hi, I received an email the same day as the fake email (lol) on 16th April saying I've got an offer. I emailed to check it was a real offer (as I received it at 10.30 and then got the automated fake offer at 2pm) and Hannah confirmed that it was a real offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending