The Student Room Group

UCL Psychological Sciences MSc conversion 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keeno1995
Hi, I received an email the same day as the fake email (lol) on 16th April saying I've got an offer. I emailed to check it was a real offer (as I received it at 10.30 and then got the automated fake offer at 2pm) and Hannah confirmed that it was a real offer

May I ask what’s the status in your application portal now? I’ve already sent 2 mails to Hannah but she never replies.
Original post by sharehsia
May I ask what’s the status in your application portal now? I’ve already sent 2 mails to Hannah but she never replies.

Hi,

I'm not sure I've not been on it and it says it can only be accessed till 4pm so won't be able to check until Monday
Hi, I received an email the same day as the fake email (lol) on 16th April saying I've got an offer. I emailed to check it was a real offer (as I received it at 10.30 and then got the automated fake offer at 2pm) and Hannah confirmed that it was a real offer

Amazing! Well done! When did you apply?

Oh wow lol, that'll be a nice story for later. Congratulations on your offer!
Just got an email back from admissions, and they said that decisions would be coming out over the next month, and if we don’t hear back by then, to contact them and get another update. Is any other uni being this unprofessional with their timeline??
My application status is still being processed, which makes me nervous about whether Hannah has got it wrong! In my offer email she said that:

Your application has been considered by the Programme Director and I am pleased to say that they recommended that you are made an offer of admission to the programme in September 2021.

You should receive an offer letter from the UCL Admissions department in due course with further details of your offer, how to meet the conditions (if any), and some more information on the admissions process. Please be aware that this recommendation is subject to confirmation by the UCL Admissions department, who may contact you separately to request any additional documentation that they need in order for a formal offer of admission to be made.

Maybe that's why portico hasn't changed

Hi,

I'm not sure I've not been on it and it says it can only be accessed till 4pm so won't be able to check until Monday

Original post by lauralcarr86
Amazing! Well done! When did you apply?

I submitted end of Jan / early Feb, can't remember the exact date. Am beginning to worry it's not a real offer!
I'm sure it's a real offer but I totally understand how worrying it can be. Congrats! I have applied mid of March and haven't heard a thing apart from the fake offer! lol
Anyone else had any updates/portal changes?
I got an email from Hannah an hour ago. She said "Your application has been considered by the Programme Director and I am pleased to say that they have made the recommendation that you are made an offer of admission to the programme for entry in September 2021."

However, since I got the "fack" offer on April 16th, I checked my portal and the status still shows "Application under assessment". I'm not sure if the offer this time is a real one.
(edited 2 years ago)
I got an email from Hannah an hour ago. She said "Your application has been considered by the Programme Director and I am pleased to say that they have made the recommendation that you are made an offer of admission to the programme for entry in September 2021."

However, since I got the "fack" offer on April 16th, I checked my portol and the status still shows "Application under assessment". I'm not sure if the offer this time is really accurate.

So I emailed Hannah last week and had a reply saying my application is still under consideration and I’ll find out from the portal this week.

It sounds a bit like those with offers get direct emails, and those with rejections will just find out via the portal. Does anyone else think that’s the case?
Reply 51

However, since I got the "fack" offer on April 16th, I checked my portol and the status still shows "Application under assessment". I'm not sure if the offer this time is really accurate.

This sounds like a real offer, congrats! May I ask when you've submitted your application?
Reply 52
I called the admissions department last week and they said the department had already sent over their decision; however, they couldn’t tell me what it was as they needed to “finalise some things” first, and it could take them up to two weeks to update Portico. I’ve not received any offer emails (real or fake) so not sure that’s a good sign...
Original post by C326451
I called the admissions department last week and they said the department had already sent over their decision; however, they couldn’t tell me what it was as they needed to “finalise some things” first, and it could take them up to two weeks to update Portico. I’ve not received any offer emails (real or fake) so not sure that’s a good sign...

I guess that’s similar to me, in that they said it would be via portico. I’m just thinking others seem to have had email from Hannah if they’ve been recommended for a place, so this seems like a less positive sign?
Reply 54
Original post by lauralcarr86
So I emailed Hannah last week and had a reply saying my application is still under consideration and I’ll find out from the portal this week.

It sounds a bit like those with offers get direct emails, and those with rejections will just find out via the portal. Does anyone else think that’s the case?

Yes it seems that way. I received an email at 1 am saying there was a change of status to my application on the portal and I found out it was unsuccessful sadly.
Original post by jp0224
This sounds like a real offer, congrats! May I ask when you've submitted your application?

Thank you! I submitted all my materials on early January .
Submitted just before the deadline. And I found out today (through an email about a change in the portal) that I was unsuccessful!

I also received both the fake offer email and the correction email from Hannah.

Would be lovely to hear about the educational and professional backgrounds of all successful applicants.

Good luck to anyone else still waiting on a decision!
Reply 57
Just in case of interest, I heard from Hannah today that they received over 700 applications this year so it’s taking longer to process them than expected.
Reply 58
Original post by arugula
Just in case of interest, I heard from Hannah today that they received over 700 applications this year so it’s taking longer to process them than expected.

This is about ten times more than someone else posted here. I was hoping the acceptance rate to be higher this year but I guess that's not the case. Thank you for sharing!
Original post by arugula

700 applications? Some people say that there are actually very few applicants this year? I'm confused by this information...

I hope the school will issue class profile of applicants and admissions for each term, so that future applicants have a more detailed understanding of the background.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending