The Student Room Group

Help with the 'Education' section of UCAS Apply (from a student in New Zealand)

Hi there,

I'm a student from New Zealand applying for universities in the UK, and I am currently taking three A levels (English Lit, Spanish, Geography) and one AS (Classical Studies).

I'm not entirely sure on how to enter these qualifications in Apply - for example, do I enter my AS grades for the subjects I am continuing at A level, or just enter the A level subjects as 'pending'?

Also, I studied Graphic Design last year at AS level and am not continuing it to full A level; do I just enter this as an AS under the 'AS level (NEW - first award 2001)' qualification?

Please bear with me, I'm not from the UK and don't have a clue about how these things work :o:

Thanks
Reply 1
gladebayor

I'm not entirely sure on how to enter these qualifications in Apply - for example, do I enter my AS grades for the subjects I am continuing at A level, or just enter the A level subjects as 'pending'?

Also, I studied Graphic Design last year at AS level and am not continuing it to full A level; do I just enter this as an AS under the 'AS level (NEW - first award 2001)' qualification?

I believe you just write 'pending' for the ASs continuing to A2 level. But the Graphic Design? Yep, 'AS level (New 2001)'.
Reply 2
gladebayor

I have exactly the same problem and everyone says different things..... i dont know what to do to!!!???!!:frown:
Reply 3
Calling up UCAS would be the best thing to do but I live in NZ and also I heard that UCAS's advice on this contradicts what teachers at school are telling their students to do... arghh!!!:mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending