The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

How long does Swansea uni take to give offers?

Hi I’m waiting to hear from Swansea uni so I was wondering if any knew how long they usually take? (I’m applying for crim) :smile:
No idea but I'm waiting too 😞
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Not usually very long but you are applying at the time most students apply so there will probably be a delay.
Reply 3
they replied back to me in 4 days :u: i applied for computer science
They replied 3 days after (applied on the 5th). Got an offer for German and IR. But i think Swansea for other departments are a lot slower ive heard.
Original post by something_orphic
They replied 3 days after (applied on the 5th). Got an offer for German and IR. But i think Swansea for other departments are a lot slower ive heard.

I am glad you got your offer. Where else did you get an offer from.
Original post by swanseajack1
I am glad you got your offer. Where else did you get an offer from.

Aberystwyth, Portsmouth. Waiting on Cardiff and Bath. Probably will go to Aberystwyth tbh. They've all so far given me pretty good alternative offers pretty much so far. I am kinda expecting to get rejected from Bath and don't want to go anyway : too posh and idk the uni doesn't offer the best course in my opinion plus its expensive and i think i'd be miserable there even though people are like you're insane its bath. But i think they'd have an issue with my grades somehow even though i have done 'work' for them. Idk Cardiff is probably not for me and Aber seems to provide a better course and location etc...:smile:

Aber gave me BCC which idk means that me getting in definitely won't be affected by the whole corona/teacher assessed grades thing and i was a little surprised as my predicted grades are ABB so they didn't have to. Well obviously i dont know what 100% but i should have enough evidence to prove i am definitely above those grades and hopefully won't flunk those mini exams if we sit them.

I am definitely happy that i applied to the options i did so thanks you replied to all of my threads its insane and gave me some really solid advice so thank you.
Aberystwyth, Portsmouth. Waiting on Cardiff and Bath. Probably will go to Aberystwyth tbh. They've all so far given me pretty good alternative offers pretty much so far. I am kinda expecting to get rejected from Bath and don't want to go anyway : too posh and idk the uni doesn't offer the best course in my opinion plus its expensive and i think i'd be miserable there even though people are like you're insane its bath. But i think they'd have an issue with my grades somehow even though i have done 'work' for them. Idk Cardiff is probably not for me and Aber seems to provide a better course and location etc...:smile:

Aber gave me BCC which idk means that me getting in definitely won't be affected by the whole corona/teacher assessed grades thing and i was a little surprised as my predicted grades are ABB so they didn't have to. Well obviously i dont know what 100% but i should have enough evidence to prove i am definitely above those grades and hopefully won't flunk those mini exams if we sit them.

I am definitely happy that i applied to the options i did so thanks you replied to all of my threads its insane and gave me some really solid advice so thank you.

Hi I’ve also got an offer from Aberystwyth and now Swansea finally! And I’m also waiting on bath!
Original post by Georgia1201
Hi I’ve also got an offer from Aberystwyth and now Swansea finally! And I’m also waiting on bath!

Oh my goodness ahah. Congrats!!! :smile: what are your top choices?
Oh my goodness ahah. Congrats!!! :smile: what are your top choices?

I’m thinking either Durham or Swansea atm, unless bath offer me which I don’t think they will lol. It feels almost impossible to make the right decision when we are not allowed to visit!
Original post by Georgia1201
I’m thinking either Durham or Swansea atm, unless bath offer me which I don’t think they will lol. It feels almost impossible to make the right decision when we are not allowed to visit!

Definitely i keep thinking one thing and then having second thoughts. Its just so hard. I also can't really tell what its like from some selected pictures and ofc everyone that goes to these unis are mostly happy because they chose the uni thats right for them (hopefully). I think we are just going to have to make a guess and hope we've made the right choice when we turn up. I cant believe we are probably not likely to see our unis until we move in. A lot of people visit the unis twice just to make sure and we can't even visit once!
Definitely i keep thinking one thing and then having second thoughts. Its just so hard. I also can't really tell what its like from some selected pictures and ofc everyone that goes to these unis are mostly happy because they chose the uni thats right for them (hopefully). I think we are just going to have to make a guess and hope we've made the right choice when we turn up. I cant believe we are probably not likely to see our unis until we move in. A lot of people visit the unis twice just to make sure and we can't even visit once!

The situation in Wales is that the virus numbers are dropping hugely week on week. By March we will be down to very little hopefully. You may well get letters from Swansea, Cardiff and Aber to go on visit days in March/ April. Even if you dont there is nothing to stop you visiting the place and campus to have a look. Ceredigion the county Aber is based has the lowest amount of the virus in the UK outside remote Scottish Islands. You dont have to make your decision until June and there is no benefit of making decisions now. Hopefully you will be able to visit before then.
The situation in Wales is that the virus numbers are dropping hugely week on week. By March we will be down to very little hopefully. You may well get letters from Swansea, Cardiff and Aber to go on visit days in March/ April. Even if you dont there is nothing to stop you visiting the place and campus to have a look. Ceredigion the county Aber is based has the lowest amount of the virus in the UK outside remote Scottish Islands. You dont have to make your decision until June and there is no benefit of making decisions now. Hopefully you will be able to visit before then.

Thank you! Thats reassuring. I am not making my decisions soon and i am giving it time. I was just worried about visiting.
Thank you! Thats reassuring. I am not making my decisions soon and i am giving it time. I was just worried about visiting.

I have just looked at the new figures out today. Aberystwyth North and Aberystwyth South have had 3 new cases each for the last 7 days and that is less than 1 new case per day over all Aberystwyth. The areas around Singleton Campus shows Brynmill with 6, Uplands 7 and Sketty 3 new cases in the last 7 days. Just over 2 cases per day. The Welsh, Aber and Swansea figures are dropping. Parts of Swansea are higher but they arent around the campus but even those arent particularly high. The figures are dropping slowly and are likely to have dropped considerably by the beginning of March and it is highly likely univesities will have visit days in March/ April.The Welsh figures are higher due to the cases in North East Wales.Flintshire and Wrexham are the only area of Wales with a current rate of over 150 new cases per 100000 residents in the 7 days to 28 January
I have just looked at the new figures out today. Aberystwyth North and Aberystwyth South have had 3 new cases each for the last 7 days and that is less than 1 new case per day over all Aberystwyth. The areas around Singleton Campus shows Brynmill with 6, Uplands 7 and Sketty 3 new cases in the last 7 days. Just over 2 cases per day. The Welsh, Aber and Swansea figures are dropping. Parts of Swansea are higher but they arent around the campus but even those arent particularly high. The figures are dropping slowly and are likely to have dropped considerably by the beginning of March and it is highly likely univesities will have visit days in March/ April.The Welsh figures are higher due to the cases in North East Wales.Flintshire and Wrexham are the only area of Wales with a current rate of over 150 new cases per 100000 residents in the 7 days to 28 January

wow thats pretty good. Obviously any cases is bad but as far as the potential for visiting goes thats good. :smile: I'll definitely go and visit if we get the chance.
wow thats pretty good. Obviously any cases is bad but as far as the potential for visiting goes thats good. :smile: I'll definitely go and visit if we get the chance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52380643
I got mine the day after my UCAS application went in.

Quick Reply

Latest