pocahontis
BOWLAND till it die!! =]] quiet when u want it but the parties are there

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
Just out of interest, in the 2nd/3rd years can you apply to a different college easily or would it require more work?
Reply 22
anarchic
Just out of interest, in the 2nd/3rd years can you apply to a different college easily or would it require more work?

You are a member of the same college for the whole of your time at uni, so switching college is just as difficult whenever you do it.
Having said that, I know people who have changed college because they have had to in order to get accommodation - like one guy whose year abroad fell through, and he was given a room in a different college, and another who dropped out then came back again - so it is not impossible.
anarchic

Well if you want to live in a different college, you just queue up and put your name down. No restrictions on where you live. If you're successful in applying for accommodation in another college then you change college membership. Pretty easy actually
Reply 24
If you graduate, do you go into Graduate College, or do you stay in the one for the rest of your degree?
Reply 25
JordanLUFC
Well if you want to live in a different college, you just queue up and put your name down. No restrictions on where you live. If you're successful in applying for accommodation in another college then you change college membership. Pretty easy actually

Really? I never knew that! I could have switched if I had wanted to?
Not that I would have wanted to. I love Cartmel. And it's too late now anyway.
But I genuinely thought you had to stay in the same college. Live and learn, eh?
Reply 26
JordanLUFC

When/where is this done? Is it at different times for different colleges?
Reply 27
It's far easier to switch colleges when you don't live on campus. One of my course friends is moving from County to Furness so that she can graduate with our other course friends, otherwise she'd be graduating on her own because she had two years out between her first and second year.
anarchic
When/where is this done? Is it at different times for different colleges?

Well reserving rooms for next year I think is done in december time, colleges tend to do it at different times, contact the residence officer of the college you want to be in and ask when they are doing their room reservations.
Reply 29
My bowland accomodation is pretty quiet. Anywhere can get noisy though!
Reply 30
Edit: Yeah, accommodation application is all done online now, confirmed it with the accom. office.
Reply 31
I emailed my residence officer the other day and she said reserving accommodation is all done online now (even for second and third years) and we get sent an email to do it rather than queuing like last year. So you might need to organise changing colleges before the time comes to sign up as I'm guessing the computer system will only let you choose accommodation in your own college. I'm not 100% sure though so it might be worth asking about!
Reply 32
DomTre
If you graduate, do you go into Graduate College, or do you stay in the one for the rest of your degree?

Heh. Never thought of it that way! Lancaster has the eight UG colleges plus one for PGs.
You remain an alumnus member of your UG course, unless you return to do a PG degree, in which case you'll be transferred to Grad College.

Regarding switching UG colleges: AFAIK, it's almost impossible to transfer this early in the first term, as there simply aren't any rooms spare. Once people drop-out (sad but true) and those in guest rooms/UCumbria have been moved into permanent accommodation, they might start to have room for college transfer people. However, I'm pretty sure priority will be given to those with a specific reason to move - those who just want to move are at the back of a rather long queue.
Reply 33
Those at University of Cumbria are not moving to main campus as far as I'm aware.

There are empty rooms on campus but residence officers are not going to start moving people.
Reply 34
Nah, we're not moving from UCUM to main campus, we signed a contract for here - however there are people who have moved from here, but I think you have to find somebody to take up your room
Reply 35
Do you pick a college once you've been made an offer? Becauce it said nothing on UCAS.
When you're given an offer you'll be emailed about applying for a college/accommodation.
Reply 37
AugustWestie
When you're given an offer you'll be emailed about applying for a college/accommodation.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll be so happy if I get an offer from Lancaster!
Pav90
Do you pick a college once you've been made an offer? Becauce it said nothing on UCAS.

Once you've received your A-Level results then everyone with an offer will be sent an email from the University where you'll then get to choose your top two Colleges.
michaelbenson
Once you've received your A-Level results then everyone with an offer will be sent an email from the University where you'll then get to choose your top two Colleges.

Wrong. In my experience anyway. You choose your top two long before results day.

Latest

Trending

Trending