The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
they're starting to move people around now, i've been offered a room in oak house which i'm going to take so hopefully should be wrapped up by the end of the week. good luck to you all!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
domeden
they're starting to move people around now, i've been offered a room in oak house which i'm going to take so hopefully should be wrapped up by the end of the week. good luck to you all!

I heard people saying Oak House had a first year failure rate of 60% :rofl:
Reply 22
rash.m2k - where are you currently staying?
Reply 23
Anyone wanting to move out of Burkhardt / other selfcatered Victoria Park ones? I have a friend looking to come over here.
Reply 24
Anatheme
I heard people saying Oak House had a first year failure rate of 60% :rofl:

well i'm definitely going to be in that 40%!

catzrin, pankhurst court is victoria park and self catered and there should be two rooms free in block 1 flat 6 within a week or so....myself and another girl
Reply 25
tekp
It's like that for me in Weston Hall, I'm the only first year in my flat :frown:

I'm in Weston Hall!.... Its not dead :s-smilie:
whoever said the statistic about the failure rate is talking out of their arse. who comes up with such stupid things
Reply 27
lawyer_manc
whoever said the statistic about the failure rate is talking out of their arse. who comes up with such stupid things

People from Owens Park themselves. I didn't say it was true, I just repeated what I've been told. It wouldn't surprise me, tbh, especially when I see the number of people missing lectures that actually are in Owens Park.
Reply 28
^ there are 2,000 people in OH&OP. If sixty percent of them were failing first year, that'd be a pretty significant failure rate for first years overall.

my friend lives in pankhurst court, apparo it's swanky, you are in for a mint-green-breezeblock shock when you come to OH, domeden!
Reply 29
Know what you mean. I came to Gab's coz I knew it would be quiet so I could revise or get a decent night's sleep but I think it's just too quiet. Some of the girls I've made friends with don't go out at all :| Oh well. I'll be thankful a few weeks before exams.
Reply 30
Reply 31
OhNO!

my friend lives in pankhurst court, apparo it's swanky, you are in for a mint-green-breezeblock shock when you come to OH, domeden!

Pankhurst Court is not swanky by any measure. Is this your definition of swanky? Pankhurst Court rooms have unpainted breeze blocks in them anyway as you can see, just like OH. Hardly a step down; maybe the rooms in OH are smaller but only marginally, and definitely doesn't justify the extra £25/week premium that Pankhurst commands.

Anyway, I don't believe that your choice of accommodation will affect your academia if you're strong minded enough (willing to get the work done no matter what).
Reply 32
domeden
Pankhurst Court is not swanky by any measure. Is this your definition of swanky? Pankhurst Court rooms have unpainted breeze blocks in them anyway as you can see, just like OH. Hardly a step down; maybe the rooms in OH are smaller but only marginally, and definitely doesn't justify the extra £25/week premium that Pankhurst commands.

Anyway, I don't believe that your choice of accommodation will affect your academia if you're strong minded enough (willing to get the work done no matter what).

Isn't Pankhurst ensuite?? lol.
In any case, you guys are missing out.
Canterbury Court is where it's at :smile: so much fun here.
Good balance of quiet & party time as well.
Just abit far from the campus though.

Latest

Trending

Trending